Sign in to follow this  
kingofkings

Pictures of the week

Dr_Osman   

King u gotta admit its dense and looks like proper commercial center not one or two buildings like bakaraha and hargeisa downtown

scaled.php?server=207&filename=dscn0594j

Dr_Osman;814953 wrote:
King u gotta admit its dense and looks like proper commercial center not one or two buildings like bakaraha and hargeisa downtown

scaled.php?server=207&filename=dscn0594j

no argument on my part. :D

Chimera   

Bosaso at the moment looks very chaotic and ugly, unlike Garowe. They need to get those electric cables fixed in the ground, didn't they learn anything from the last massive fire?

Otherwise it has the potential to become a Muscat.

Dr_Osman   

Chimera yes urban planning is an issue everybody knows that its nothing new. Bilicida magalada programs are underway. 10KM road project is happening within the city with 5 main roads being paved. So its a start!!!

As for the electricity. I don't mind the electricity poles as long as its orderly. I understand in some places outside of the residential area their is alot more electricity generation due to commercial activities being very high but there is ways to manage that. We can use alternative energy sources for commercial areas and use standard electricity grids in residential areas where electricity generation is much lower and for personal use. So its highly unlikely massive amounts of wires will be thrown around residential areas

I think it is sad thing noone has a vision for bosaso electricity regulation. Even garowe is using wind-farms now. I suggest the best solution is to use either solar energy in the commercial area or to run the cables under-ground but that still would be using older technologies which is really not sufficient for the commercial center.

peasant   

^ Utility and communication service providers do generate a lot revenues from the public and the government should hold them accountable to organize their utility poles and wires. Bosaso and all other cities should have guideline and a system in place which companies can operate under.

Dr_Osman   

peasant;815274 wrote:
^ Utility and communication service providers do generate a lot revenues from the public and the government should hold them accountable to organize their utility poles and wires. Bosaso and all other cities should have guideline and a system in place which companies can operate under.

I agree 100% the businesses need to all agree, because businesses won't do anything if it jeopardizes their profit margin. The rule needs to be applied to all businesses, construction, and electricity companies to comply with the electrical regulation laws. A regulatory body needs to be set up to oversee that members are in compliance.

It can be done very easily, the only thing is how to enforce the regulations to make sure the businesses, electricity companies and construction firms comply. I think the best way would be for all of them to invest into a solar energy technology plant for their usage, or stick with the old generators but make sure the wires go underground. Its up to them whichever way is the cheaper option however the electricity regulatory body should be there to make sure all of the players are in compliance to the regulations to have no wires around poles which is a safety hazard and is also bad for town planning.

Some of the penalties could be a 3 strikes your out. First 3 times if the companies found breaching the regulations can be fined. This will give the govt new revenue sources. After 3 times if a business is found in non compliance the chamber of commerce should revoke their trading licenses in the city and go to the business with police force to shut the company down.

They can't whine they weren't warned. They had 3 times to get their act together and were told of the consequences of not complying after 3 fines. You can also make sure any new business that starts up in Bosaso to get their business licenses from the chamber of commerce and the electrical body can liaise with the chamber to assess the application to make sure the business has accounted for how their new company will comply with the electrical regulation laws. If it complies and shows how it will, approve the application and give them their license, if it doesn't reject the application.

I think all businesses will comply as long as the competition is also so no one has an advantage over another, the public will welcome it because safety will be enhanced and the government will benefit from it because they will get alot of revenue from the fines because their will always be people regardless who they are trying to take short cuts.

I have alot of vision for this great state and will be heading there once the oil is declared. I am considering going december this year through-out my annual leave at work, but that is just to suss the place out and see if what sort of opportunities are there to make money. My plan is to work where I am in a stable job while having second income streaming somewhere else overseas

Chimera   

Dr_Osman;815263 wrote:
Chimera yes urban planning is an issue everybody knows that its nothing new. Bilicida magalada programs are underway. 10KM road project is happening within the city with 5 main roads being paved. So its a start!!!

As for the electricity. I don't mind the electricity poles as long as its orderly. I understand in some places outside of the residential area their is alot more electricity generation due to commercial activities being very high but there is ways to manage that. We can use alternative energy sources for commercial areas and use standard electricity grids in residential areas where electricity generation is much lower and for personal use. So its highly unlikely massive amounts of wires will be thrown around residential areas

I think it is sad thing noone has a vision for bosaso electricity regulation. Even garowe is using wind-farms now. I suggest the best solution is to use either solar energy in the commercial area or to run the cables under-ground but that still would be using older technologies which is really not sufficient for the commercial center.

The roads being paved is a positive, but many of the streets would be better served with cobblestones. It makes the area look cleaner and more developed. Those electric poles are definitely an eye-sore, and a major hazard. Look at Berbera, a planned city, you will notice that those electric cables were established underground, and it gives the city a very developed look evendo it has been neglected for the last twenty years, while Bosaso went from a little town to a major hub.

It's imperative for future stable growth and an aesthetically pleasing Bosaso, that these measures are put in place today, to prevent an urban sprawling disaster in the future.

Dr_Osman   

Cimera, we all know its a mess and urban planning disaster the way the electricity is in Bosaso. Its absolutely shocking and I will be mentioning it to some key influential figures there to sort it out.

Somalia   

Chimera;815047 wrote:
Bosaso at the moment looks very chaotic and ugly, unlike Garowe. They need to get those electric cables fixed in the ground, didn't they learn anything from the last massive fire?

Otherwise it has the potential to become a Muscat.

:D