Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

Kismaayo, Jubadda Hoose

BOB   

Somalina;807326 wrote:
You are welcome Calanleey boy! isxaan maleh reer Waamo taas waa iska ogaa.

Mwaah, I loof you too. ;) and THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Somalina;807328 wrote:
Brava sure looks breath taking.
:D

LooooooooooooooooL is it Baraawe? I'm sorry, I got it from Google images and it said Kismayo, forgive me I don't remember anything about Kismayo which is a shame really.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Look how clean and unspoiled Kismayo beaches used to be.

KEN-Kiwayu-family.jpg

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Subhanallah this is Farjano, Aargada to be exact and it used to be one of the most beautiful areas of the city with so many coffee shops and slick hotels and look at it now. Damn you civil war.

aargada_kismaayo.jpg

PS. I told you I don't have positive pictures of Kismayo as it's been in the middle of tribal feuds for far too long, wax la dhiso iska daaye intii yareyd ee dhisneed baa la destroy-gareeyay. bloody hell.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

This sums up my beloved Kismayo for me, look at the view behind these two mugs and then look at what they're wearing and most of all what is in their hands! I'm sorry Kismayo.

Kenya%20war-Burgabo1.jpg

Peace, Love & Unity.

Somalia   

Chimera;807159 wrote:
Kismaayo 1980s
, HQ of the Somali Navy, the southern most Urban center in Somalia.

1%20kisimaio%201%2080%20%2818%29.jpg

This is the best picture.

BOB   

Regional Tournament in Mogadishu. Kismayo team on the left. We were the Kings of football in Somalia.

scan0020-600x412.jpg

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

This is Omar Said Ismail aka Omar Farur, Kismayo's own Lionel Messi, This guy was by far the most gifted Somali footballer I've ever seen and I grew up idolising him, what a shame he never achieved what a guy with his talent should've achieved but still he was adored and loved by everybody from Kismayo. We were neighbours and later we met again in Kenya and even though he was getting old and badly out of shape he was still magician on the ball. If you ever happen to be in Dallas ask for him and tell him I said Hi. :)

cumar2.jpg

Peace, Love & Unity.

Timur   

Chimera;807159 wrote:
Kismaayo 1980s
, HQ of the Somali Navy, the southern most Urban center in Somalia.

1%20kisimaio%201%2080%20%2818%29.jpg

1%20kisimaio%201%2080%20%2815%29.jpg

Neither of these are Kismayo. First picture is a dead give-away. Kismayo port looks nothing remotely like that, it sits on a landform that curves for almost a mile out into the sea, not right next to the city like in the pic. And the second picture shows an inhabited inlet, which Kismayo also lacks.

Chimera   

Timur both pictures were taken somewhere in Somalia, and the tourists named them Kismaayo. After having seen a picture of the massive Kismayo port I have to agree with you on the first image (which city would that be then?), but the second picture is certainly in the vicinity of Kismayo, close to the Bajuni Islands, a good detailed geographic map would show you that the region does have such interesting features.

Kismayo port:

44.JPG

Somalia has a good foundational infrastructure system on which we could go very far if we expanded it.

Timur   

The first pic is the port of Xamar, that's clear. The second picture I called out is Gobweyn, a small village a few miles north of Kismayo.

Bob, I know because I have a brain. I feel bad for you if you don't know your own country.

You could take a picture of sand in Somalia and I could tell you which village the sand came from.