Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

75 Nobel laureate scientists call for repeal of Louisiana Science Education Act

Johnny B   

“One can only be amazed that [the repeal] has managed to assemble such massive support (75 Nobel laureates) for the effort to ensure that only educational material which is supported by reliable evidence is presented in the science lessons of Louisiana’s schools.”

http://www.repealcreationism.com/endorsements/

This might help Louisiana schools teach Science as is.

Raamsade   

I thought after the Dover Trial, which dealt a heavy blow to creationism, that creationists would be magnanimous enough to concede defeat. But they keep coming back for more. I can understand why those with limited imagination and intellect find evolution hard to believe. No one, after all, has ever seen ape turning into man or dinosaur turning into bird or land-dwelling mamal turning into dolphin or whale. I can understand their reticence. But what baffles me is their tendency to believe even more implausible alternative, creationism. Not only is creationism implausible and wholly lacking any supporting evidence but it's also utterly absurd.

First, God supposedly created Adam from mud. Then Adam somehow impregnates himself with Eve. The mechanics of this impregnation we won't delve into. Then he gives birth to Eve through his chest. Or was it ribs? Anyways, Eve is technically Adam's daughter. Then, they had sex and begot children who in turn slept with each other producing the human race. Now, which story is more plausible: man descending from land-dweling apes over millions of years or the incestuous human origin by means Adam and Eve legend?