Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

Despeartely seeking information and help from my fellow Somalis.

I’m doing a bit of research into a side project of mine, and required some input from SOL’ers. Have you worked for the UN or WHO in a capacity where you handled or oversaw the vaccination programmes for Somali children?

I am desperately seeking immunisation statistics on Somalia/Puntland/Somaliland and the current work on the myriad number of WHO and UN organisations that are actively running vaccination programmes in Somalia.

How are these programmes run? How do they ensure they get to difficult to reach communities?

Any operational insight into some of the difficulties encountered will be greatly appreciated. I’m trying to run and create a few modals for transportation and logistics and required input from people who have some kind of first hand experience in this field.

Please feel free to overwhelm me with data and information. The more the merrier, personal stories also welcome.

I already have Faarax, i was just hoping for some first hand accounts. I've heard many Somalis work for these two organisations.

Alpha Blondy;799213 wrote:
mate, come here and do the research. its pitful. to ask for help on an online forum populated by ill-informed individuals.

Cheers Norf I'll drop her a line. Alpha i have someone who will be coming to Hargeisa this week who will be covering quite a lot of ground work for me. This seems like a good place to gather anecdotal accounts of past experiences.

Juxa   

Or Lily might be able to help

Not sure about UN or WHO but you need someone with public health background

Maaddeey   

Arch. MSF website might be of help as they are the only orgnisation in south-central Somalia on vacc. programme. My brother worked for them before they closed due to the tragic incident last month.