Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Amaal Nuux

Amaal Nuux: Canadian Singer Destined for International Stardom

Amaal_Nuux_4.JPG

Many artists who make it to the big stage usually adopt stage names to ``fit in` the industry. By choosing to retain her Somali-spelled name, Amaal Nuux, the young Canadian artist is sending a strong message to her peers and the global musical fans alike.

In the West, people are expected to know how to pronounce the names of mainstream western artists no matter how difficult their names may sound
. Little attention is paid to the names of non-western artists. I have opted to retain my real name in this industry because I would like fans out there to know how to pronounce African names that make it to the musical stage” said Amaal, once again, revealing her philosophical edge.

Amaal is Somali for “hope”`, “aspiration” and “ambition”. True to her magical name, Amaal is not only seeking to take her career to another level but also looks to make a difference in the lives of others and especially the vulnerable and less fortunate in this world.

Read more qoraalkaan wacan.

Sidaan daraadeeda ayaa igu kasbatay inaa difooso iyo taageera weyn u noqday. Sida Soomaaliyeed ee magaceeda u qortay ayaaba aad ugu helay, sidee u sii micneysayna kaba sii daran.

Had iyo jeer isweydiin jiray, kuwa Boosniyaanka ama Seerbiyaanka ama Boolishka ama Ukreeeniyaanka ama Jarmalka ama Reer Iscandineefiyaanka ama kuwa Talyaaniga ah iyo kuwa kale -- kuligood magacyadooda sida uu u qoranyahay ma badalaan, magacyadooda oo u qorneen sida looga dhawaaqo. Adiga ayee kugu qasbaayaan inaa ogaatid, kuna dhawaaqdid sida saxda ah. Maxaa anaga Soomaalida noo diidaayo marka.

Wadani   

Wow, congrats to Amaal. Even though i do not condone her career choice, nonetheless i have mad respect for her after reading this. The religious zealots who'd be so quick to condemn her should take a lesson or two from this girl in sticking to their culture and heritage. Im tired of Somali wadaads going by Abu this and Abu that with their suadi arabian dress code. Waar wuxu miyaanay Somali ahayn oo dhaqan soomaaliyeed lagu so korin, cajiib.