Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

Somali wedding parties

Aaliyyah   

Miriam1;784986 wrote:
Plus you don't need to spend that much on a great wedding - max $6000 - that could easily include everything from the hall, dress&accessories, food and transportation. At the end of the day its the people there that make it special - and what's more lovely than having an intimate wedding with your closest family/friends.

my cousin's marriage costed 6000 dollars on the girls only wedding night and another 4000 on the nikaax expenses so her wedding expense totaled 10 000 dollars..hadad meel kireesanasid uma maleenayo inuu 10k ka yaranayo. Thats the lowest u can go..i think!!

Aaliyyah   

Chimera;786960 wrote:
I'm glad you're content, I remember you as a girl with adorable dreams and now you're a dignified woman doing away with childish things, I get it. I just recommend that you still demand a lavish wedding, and motivate the Farah into saving money. You could tell him eventually that you are okay with a small wedding but instead would like that money invested in a specific business, with you owning half. With 25k you can open a successful shop with 50k you can open two, etc and live comfortably.

lol that sounds like a good idea. laakin waxan ka ilaaway that I want at least 300k guri ah iyo gaadhi :)

Aaliyyah   

Loool no I changed. I don't mind paying the house with him inshallah its like you said earlier its good to invest in something worthwhile aroos 20k ama 30k ku kacay wax laga faidayo baa iska yar ka aheen in wax laga sheego oo manto dhan lugu xanto

STOIC   

Aaaliya, horta Masha-Allah for your dreams and goodluck....I will testify that absolutely nothing is better than Simple wedding..All the vintage theme and buuq buuq is unnecessary....You will end up with three DVD;s and Professional photos like me...

Wadani   

How much does a good wedding, nothing too extravagant cost? Including everything, even the furniture for ones new apartment/house?

Any estimates? Id like to know wat im up against, especially in this tough economy lol.

Aaliyyah   

loooooooooooool@especially in this tough economy...now everyone has a nice alibi somaha for being cheap joking!

anyways, I have no idea lol...but just guessing like i said earlier at least 10 k for a wedding? and apartments costs abt 1000 + monthly..as for furnitures hmm maybe another 13k...i mean im trying to go as cheap as possible since you lost your good job recently due to the recession lmao..

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Stoic, thanks for the advice and your good wishes. I do dislike videos myself..especially when they will end up across seas with million relatives la ogeen meshay kaso galeen.

Wadani   

loool, 13k for furniture? the sofa better be encrusted with gold and diamonds for that price. loool. but ur other estimates sound reasonable.

Aaliyyah   

walahi do you think i am joking? im not!! unless your buying some crappy furnitures if you want lasting ones invest in them...kuraasta fadhiga is about 5 k..your dining table a good one is about 3k that alone is 8 k..i added another 5k for sharaxad/carpets and anything else your house needs etc..im serious 13k meel dhigo ama like one of my edos every year badal your furniture lol im sure now she spend more than 20k lool..wa your choice.

salaam

Wadani   

wow, so how does it go? is the man expected to pay for everything? the wedding plus the furniture? or does the girls family help out a bit?

Aaliyyah   

looooooool one of my friends...her dad paid for the wedding party she had. But, when she got married she was only 20 and the guy being her age labadooduba lacag may haysan so her dad was more than happy.

laakin adiga if ur hitting 30 and expect her family to pay for the wedding or the furniture adaa cirka roob ku og..

Aaliyyah   

You are so young, inshallah her family will be more understanding if you have one particular girl in mind. At the end of the day it depends saad isku fahantaan. But, why the rush? why not finish your studies and inshallah ull be better off four/five years down the road. Although many solers like Malika will start telling me what does school has to do with marriage lol oo way imagayaan..bt thats my advice anyways lol.

salaam