Sign in to follow this  
Freedom

The Death of Somalia and birth of fragmenation and the age of Clanism takes root

Freedom   

In the past couple of years I have slowly seen the Somalia state devolve slowly from a once unified central nation to a slow evolution of Clan states. Is it good or bad who knows? but what I see is a dark future for a new generation of Somalis. While our parents had an aspect of nationalism to define who they saw themselves today we see mini clan states emerging in the south and know in the north. Each clan has his or her own state case example Puntland which 100% D tribe and emerging states like Adwalland which is 100% G tribe.

This slow turning to clan enclave states will have destructive impact on Somalia in many levels one being citizens in those states will have more loyalty to their tribe then their so called federal state. How will one man one vote work when each tribe will elect their tribesman to be president? The mistake or weakness of establishing federal states in Somalia is the simple fact Somalis is not ready for this type of system. First Somalis must have a sense of National identity before putting the influences of regional identity. In America I am a Virginian but my core belief is that I am an American first. This is not what is happening in Somalia. Puntlanders view them and Punts then Somalia first or Adwal before Somalia first and so on. Somalia is dead and gone as what our parents knew and now comes the age of mini nations within a fragmented nation. Good bye Somalia rest in peace.

Dervish   

This dude chills at skyline every weekend smoking hookah at the shisha lounge trolling on SOL. Your a good kid don't get in trouble

Somalia   

These secessionists really have no shame. The hatred and envy seething through them, I mean, you couldn't contain it for just 1 day, could you?

I've seen how you have all avoided the oil threads.

No shame in these niggas.

AC6

Dervish   

They all woke up extra early just to troll. Looool retards disappeared around mid-day tho. Just a brave line retard left alone trolling.

Freedom   

Dervish- As always you pure example of Clanist to the fullest. I could tell not only by your log name but how you think lol. Instead of debating what i wrote you straight jump to some childish talk which makes no sense. Yes i am from Virginia but go to school at ODU university in Norfolk VA. Yes i been to Skyline like many other somalis but dont chill there for two reasons; one being to many people with childish mentallity like you are there and second Hookah is bad for your lungs. So debate me but if you want to progress down and act like a internet thug you can easily say this to my face but i highly doubt some with i believe as a chickenish personality like yours would ever see me face to face loool.

Somalia- The old man that says he is a kid with a werid avatar which till today makes no sense lool. Stay in your lane old man and find more pics off the internet to post, which i some times find amusing lool.

Freedom you forgot that Somaliland is also clan based, your clan precisely. Somaliland had the chance to build state for all the diverse clans by not seeking secession and by working for the establishment of free democratic modern Somali state. What a wasted opportunity but it is still not too late.

LANDER   

Peace Action,

According to you the only way for somalis to establish a post-tribal society is through the revival of the failed republic of Somalia?

I dare say Somaliland is the most advance post-tribal society and government Somalis have ever built. Relatively speaking no

other Somali government or entity has built institutions that are as free and inclusive as Somaliland has. It has shown that any

man from any tribe can ascend to any position in the government all the way up to the highest office of the land. Now please explain what other somali government past or present is less 'tribalistic' than that of Somaliland. Moving past tribalism doesn't mean it will disapear overnight, even in Somaliland it is obviously still present but to propagate popular lies about Somaliland and tribalism comes across disingenuous to the message your trying to put forward.