Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

Why do Arab Men

A man said, "Messenger of Allah (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam), when a man meets his brother or his friend should he bow to him?" He replied, 'No." He asked whether he should embrace and kiss him, and he replied, "No." He asked whether he should take his hand and shake it, and he replied, "Yes."

Narrated by Anas ibn Malik (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu); Tirmidhi transmitted it. Hadith No.4680 of Mishkat al-Masabih.

I don't know why......Bu if I had to guess I'd say maybe they think that it's a way to show their manners, maybe they don't think shaking ur hand is respectful enough.........

2real   

yeah it's said that when two arab clans needed to make peace(sulha) their elders would get together and when the talks are done they had to show no signs of dislike to one another. So they kissed, hugged, tagged shoulders, rubbed noses and all that.

I used to live in saudi arabia and you should see the way women greet each other. First they kiss five times on one cheek then four on the other cheek then comes the hug...damn u'd think they were making out!! smile.gif

king_450   

Well i never bowed to any human being, but yes i did kissed hands of my elders, so is that considered illegal, just asking, if it is i will like to know, i did only for the sake of respect not to show them that they deserve it from me, just a respect.