Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

La Fontaine Sheikhs

Abtigiis   

My knowledge of the religious books is, admittedly, suspect. By choice! I am very much an earthly man, through and through. My knowledge is suspect not from not learning the texts, but from not pursuing what I learned. But that doesn’t mean I can’t tell when all kinds of tales are smuggled into the celestial books and is presented as xadith’s and even as verses in rare cases. I have the feeling some sheikhs are borrowing stories told by various story-tellers across the world and are presenting as ‘Qisooyin’ captured in the holy syllabus. Some of these ‘Qisooyin’ are very identical to those told through La fontaine's lucidly conversing animals, and even Mullah Nasruddin of the East Asia

For instance, a mullah was narrating a fascinating story of a woman who after suffering all indignities and betrayal finally ends up becoming a queen of some land, on Universal TV. On the day of her coronation, all of her past abusers and supporters attend to hear her verdict on them. No one died, no one travelled. They all mysteriously were present. The moral import of the story was that to requite bad deeds with good ones is always going to be rewarding. Not a bad message. But what is divine about it? Why is it different than all the ethics we are thought in schools and at home?

The story was engrossing, one with assured good ending for the protagonist woman, like an Indian movie. But all along the sheikh did not mention the setting: where, when and who told it. Hence, raising my suspicions. This isn’t the only one I heard. I feel mullahs are getting imaginative in an effort to attract audiences. Perhaps they feel the enchanting Qisooyin of prophet Yusuf and Nuh are getting bit monotonous and want to vet the appetite of the faithful with expedient nifty epilogues.

Before you call for my lynching for blasphemy, please be attentive to some of these types of tales which are increasingly becoming ubiquitous. Tell us if you have heard some that sounded unusually fresh.

Haven't heard any such interesting tales yet. The story mentioned, what's wrong with it if he didn't wrongly specifiy it as hadith? Sounds like a nice moral story to me too.

NGONGE   

I don't know about the stories being told but I do strongly object to the over representation of wadaads on Somali TV. It is for that reason that I stopped watching the whole thing altogether. Somebody needs to make a show lampooning the whole lot of them.

Kan ayaantan meelna dhaafimaayo haye, shalay waxay ahayd puntland , SSC, Somaliland, Sheikha on Azania issue and now shuyuukhdii Alle, war wasidee ninyohow kadhindee?