Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Sit Down with Professor Abtigis of SOL

Dr. Abtigiis, a prolific writer in the tradition of Ibn Battuta of Maghrib, an intellectual vagabond who spent many years on the hump of exile as a UN technocrat, a gifted and eloquent poet with the ability to express various sentiments in a manner that is not far removed from Sayid Mohamed’s tradition, the Master of Somali language, and a one time contender for the poetic throne of Xiinfaniin, has now accepted to sit down with SOL media, engaging in a wide ranging, and lively interview. Although Dr. Abtigis views politics and politicians in general with a condescending attitude, he recently wrote thought provoking articles proposing solutions for Somalia’s ills that are not, in his own words, for the fainthearted, pseudo nationalists and latter-day patriots. Dr. Abtigis is a rebel in nature and by training; he spent fighting days in the bushes of ****** and has certain lionhearted quality; as such he does no mince words. His hardened fist and sharp intelligence give him a deadly and effective combination against his adversaries.

When I asked him to explain the Azania project, he was not philosophical about it as I expected. His answer was rather short and to the point. Azania, Dr. Abtigiis told me, is a representation of clan composition that is hard to stop--- It is about math. Ignore for a second the artificial colonial bounders erected to separate and weaken the Somali race. He proposed. Think of Jigjiga, and Garisa, and Garowe as regional administration axis that can be organized to form the basis for Somalia’s revival. Add Kismayo to that equation, and the result is a fifteen million strong people linked with clan lineage. It is a math. When I asked him whether that explanation is a prelude of a fiction book about Somali people and colonial legacy, Dr. Abtigis quickly retorted: my fiction stories have different characters that are primarily feminine in quality. I am trying to put the Azania state in the larger context of Somali conflict, he said. Isn’t that the most clannish proposition ever proposed, I asked. Clans are mere names, he said. It is the lineage, the relationship that matters. If alshabaab organized fifteen to twenty thousand fighting force, and achieved dominant military presence in the most important regions of Somalia, why not organize millions of people on whatever relationship that is practical and effective. He added. But we want to establish a nation, not a dominant clan, I said. What about Somaliland for example? I asked.

Eeyaahee Faadumaay, wiilka luqmad u keen. Adeer waan ku warrami ee i yara bal sug.

What followed was the most provocative, intellectually stimulating statement I have ever heard… a lecture of how nations are formed, how wars are won and how victories sustained. Kenya and Ethiopia are concocted lies with no fabric, a political and ethnic avalanche that will eventually collapse under the crushing feet of western economies. They are not imperial powers that warrant the fear and suspicion Somalis are exhibiting these days. But more importantly, Dr. Abtigiis elaborates with clear historical illustration albeit with didacticsm that is hard to bear as to why large clans should be viewed as savior of the Somalia nation. Other arrangements lack political depth and practical means to affect any meaningful changes. SOL media will share with the gallery the summary of Dr. Abtigis’s take on clans and as he put it how to exploit them for the large cause :D

Abtigiis   

This unprovoked sacrilege against my good name and standing in SOL will not go unpunished! Gloves are off and I promise a big fight.

The fish-eater from the land of the sea robbers has gone far with this falsified interview and has set the stage for a bare-knuckled fist-fight. There will be no rules, no norms to obey.

^^As a gratitude and appreciation of the permission to interview you, I was going to somewhat endorse your other post :D

Now maadaama aad i hanjabtay waa la noqday taageeradaydii. But the summary of your interview will be published. It is not as bad as you think. In fact, it will shed a light on your thinking power. Remember the Brazilian anthropologist (whose name escapes me now ) who changed the prevailing attitude of race relations in that country :D

Carafaat   

xiinfaniin;766046 wrote:
He proposed.
Think of Jigjiga, and Garisa, and Garowe as regional administration axis that can be organized to form the basis for Somalia’s revival. Add Kismayo to that equation, and the result is a fifteen million strong people linked with clan lineage. It is a math

But more importantly, Dr. Abtigiis elaborates with clear historical illustration albeit with didacticsm that is hard to bear as to why large clans should be viewed as savior of the Somalia nation
. Other arrangements lack political depth and practical means to affect any meaningful changes. SOL media will share with the gallery the summary of Dr. Abtigis’s take on clans and as he put it how to exploit them for the large cause
:D

Xiin, Odaygiii Abtigiis waad qaawisay. :D:D

^^Waryaa afka suubso, Dr Abtigis nin qaawismi kara maaha , he is so well rounded , when you read his upcoming interview you will know the man is an intellectual eagle among crows in these discussion boards.

Malika   

*got herself a front row seat - awaits in anticipation for the interview [erm fight]- ready on hand is a handkerchief to wipe any spurts of sweat and blood* ..lol.

xiin you got bored huh?

In light of Dr. Abtigiis's engagement with the separatists goons in other threads on this forum, we decided to postpone publishing the interview.

Malika---baayo ii waran ? You know Dr.Abtigiis is a man we greatly admire and respect. Our quest to sit down with him took months of logistical arrangements, and cannot be described as a boredom.

Carafaat   

You undressed him publicly. And now your saying the man is running and engaged with Somalilanders, while being but naked for everyone to see. :D

Xiin, wallahi ma nixisid. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Can't come to his rescue with this one, Carafaat. I am not a dayuus, adeer. ;)

Rest assured that I'm not silent for lack of words, I hsall have my say in due time.