Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Somalia VS Ethiopia - Watch now in few hours time

Showqi   

Abtigiis;757750 wrote:
fitness is a big problem of the somalia team. with this physical shape, God help them In Addis but I believe they will be routed.

Barigii aynu xooga, xirfada iyo xamaasada laheyn sidan ayaanu wax u geli jirney. Enjoy

Nuune..........:mad:

A point is a good result all things considered, but as Abtigis pointed out the Ethiopians are pretty good at home. They even helped eliminate the Super Eagles( Nigeria) in African nations qualifying, by getting a draw at Addis. They should try to make efforts to get diaspora players, like Abdisalan Ibrahim playing in the Eredivise right now, to play for Somalia, they have good fitness levels.

nuune   

Final Result:

Somalia 0 - 0 Ethiopia.

Somali's only goal was denied by the Djiboutian referee, it was good header just before half time, but the lines man ruled that it was indeed offside, the Somali team are arguing and arguing and they lost all their energy to continue the game, but good that they got one point, that is superb.

Next game, in Addis Ababa

3 Somali Diaspora are in the Somali team, all from Norway

Cawaale & AT&T, idinku waxaad daawaneysaan Mauritania iyo Madagascar lol

Abtigiis   

Waryaa waxaa iskada oo warn the boys about the altitude please (ciddi gaadhsiin kartaa ha gaadhsiiso). And I suggest the following tactics to deal with this problem:

1) in the first half, they may not feel much of it, but they should not run too much unbeknown to them. They should conserve engery as much as possible. Wasting time, feigning injury, individuals keeping the ball, should do. Also defend in numbers in the first 20 minutes.

2) Use deadballs and corners to attack

3) Second half: bring in three versatile players in defence and midfield. At about 60 hour mark when the team beings to tire.

This is my suggestion, and who knows they may have a chance. Even if they lose, it is ok as long as it is not an embarassingly scoreline.

Abtigiis;757782 wrote:
Waryaa waxaa iskada oo warn the boys about the altitude please (ciddi gaadhsiin kartaa ha gaadhsiiso). And I suggest the following tactics to deal with this problem:

1) in the first half, they may not feel much of it, but they should not run too much unbeknown to them. They should conserve engery as much as possible. Wasting time, feigning injury, individuals keeping the ball, should do. Also defend in numbers in the first 20 minutes.

2) Use deadballs and corners to attack

3) Second half: bring in three versatile players in defence and midfield. At about 60 hour mark when the team beings to tire.

This is my suggestion, and who knows they may have a chance. Even if they lose, it is ok as long as it is not an embarassingly scoreline.

How good is the Ethiopian who got sent off? They should park the bus and hope for a draw. Return leg is Wednesday that is too soon, to get acclimated to the altitude.

Abtigiis   

GD,

They won't miss him. He is a defensive midfielder and they will likely be attacking throughout the match. Anyway, i don't think the Ethiopian players are good, but the altitude is bad. It is like Bolivia playing in La Paz.

nuune   

Yesterday's Somalia team against Ethiopia in Djibouti:

390424_245212412201413_113733552015967_6

Some funny comments from an Ethiopian blog on their team:

I guess this Ethiopian team and its couch are going to arrested in Addis Abeba and charged with with terrorism.

11/12/11 @ 20:38

If they were asked about premier league tactic, technic may be they will tell over the top. They can't even beat a country without football competion. With out F.A

11/12/11 @ 22:16

AT LEAST ETHIOPIA DIDN'T LOSE 2-0 THIS TIME TO A TEAM WITH NO COUNTRY.

ETHIO FOOTBALL FEDERATION LOUSY AT HOME, AND IN DIASPORA.

11/12/11 @ 23:00

What a loooooser team. Even Somalia with no govt. Plays better than these skinny boys from addis .

Shut it down !!!! Let us concentrate on women team.

Hahaha huh......