Sign in to follow this  
Shinbir Majabe

A Woman married two Husbands!

NGONGE   

Abtigiis;758311 wrote:
NG, there are only two types of women who accept polygamy (it is better to say who tolerate, or live with it). The uninformed and the unempowered. Any woman with a means to support herself or with education will not accept it.

For a man of your sense and ability this is a HUGE mistake you made there, saaxib. Nobody in this whole world knows how women's brains work and I fully refuse any argument that breaks them down into two, three or four groups. Women are mad, saaxib. I am willing to wager that there are countless women that LOVE and encourage this process (regardless of knowledge or finanical means). Women are mad, saaxib. Mar uun wax iga maqal.

Abtigiis   

Dear Sharma-arke,

If there is anything I respect in this world, it is people's personal choice. I respect that to the extent some say I encourage moral anarchy. That doesn't mean I do whatever I like. Personal choices are conditioned by our upbringing and our current environment. I also respect and practice all the social norms that we Somalis value, except charlantry and double-talk. However, I refuse to judge others, and I found others who find fault with that. But Polygamy is the few things which I don't understand. I always think the women who live with it must be upset inside, maybe I am wrong as Ngonge said. But of course, I won't fight polygamous men. I have a very good friend, civlized and educated, who has two wives and after two years of silence, I finally asked him what he thinks of his current situation. He said it is ok, but not ideal. Of course, I can see from his life it is runing him, but then he is religious.

Think about the children. Polygamy is not tenable in this modern age. You need to sit with your children and help them with their homework. Take them out for fun. Now, the demands of work is already a big issue even with one wives. Imagine splitting your time between two wives. It is not right. Again, that is according to my feeble mind. Who knows others may understand i better.

AYOUB   

^ I think by "liberal" in A&T's case mean legitimising going against and disobeying Almighty word while claiming to be a Muslim (ie one that submit to the will of Allah). If one dares to challenge him, they're "Alshabaab".

Abtigiis   

At the end of the day, if God decides to put me in hell, he will have to be an extremely petulant creator who is also pedantic. I don't drink Alchol, I don't practice adultery, I raise my kids with all the love I muster, I am good to my parents, I am honest to my friends, I respect others, I earn my money with my sweat.

So, what is he going to put me in hell for? For listening to music, for shaking the hands of women, for lambasting mullah who make business in the name of religion, for refusing to be dogmatic about who is good and bad (based on myopic faith parameter only), for liking fun and happines?

Ayoub, no one is going to be intimated with your thinly-veiled edict. The word you talk about is interpreted differently by many. Your word might be different than my reading of the word. So, stop the bullying.

AYOUB   

A&T, I never said you're going to hell. I've no power, knowledge or authority to decide that. That's that.

My layman Islamic knowledge tells me Adultery and getting intoxicated are major sins and avoiding them is a noble thing. :) But, there are sins more detrimental than adultery, drugs even murder. I'll stop before you accuse me declaring you a Kaafir.

What's this? Two men sharing one woman? Living together in one location, one house and in one room - Acuudu Bilaah...

And later some liberals will call this progress - liberated woman.