Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

The paranoia surrounding the presence of Kenyan troops.

Gabbal   

I have read with some interest the different perspectives given concerning the presence of Kenya in the southern regions of Somalia and I must say a differentiation in discourse is needed. It seems some partisans are visibly pro-Kenyan troop presence as well as perceived political interference while others seem to be strongly adamant in opposing the entire presence of Kenya in southern Somalia based on whatever preconceived notions that may be guiding them. Not all is what meets the eye. Brought into the discourse is a multifaceted layering of Somali politick having origins in or guidance from the circumstance of Somalia's civil war. Undifferentiated is the nature of the discourse itself into putting emphasis on the Kenyan troop presence as a positive reinforcement of the general design to combat the military prowess of the Shabaab.

I am of the opinion that it is entirely hypocritical for Somalis to oppose Kenya in this respect. Of course it must be disclosed that I am targeting those who have already given allegiance to the entity espoused as the Transitional Government of Somalia. It is an inescapable fact that the entire success of the Somali government in the Benadir region is a result of foreign troops. Some could be excused for a deceptive defense of this realty by highlighting AMISOM is here through an international mandate. Even so, AMISOM has more than once requested support, and physical at that, through the capacity of IGAD's regional mechanism which TFG loyalists will be loathe to admit has had the signature of the TFG's present administration. It is only because of the nature of Ethiopia's historical errors and meddling in Somalia and the suspicions it arises from Somalis that IGAD was prevented from materializing the requested support considered a responsibility of the regional bloc. Still, the entire success of the central region's Ahlu Sunnah stand against the Shabaab which has prevented the faction from physically taking their cause to the northeast and beyond is attributable to Ethiopia's marked influence and interference.

TFG loyalists who are sensitive to criticism of these realities will admit then the extent to which their reservations about the Kenyan presence in Somalia is misplaced. In fact, a number of the individuals who seem to be adamantly opposed to Kenya's military effort against Shabaab, with misplaced notions of moral superiority no less, are themselves loyalists and supporters of entities and factions whose security is guaranteed by Ethiopia in this respect. I encourage us to be honest with ourselves and cease the translucent pseudo-nationalism witnessed with this specific development. It is unbecoming and drips from the blade of hypocrisy.

nuune   
Gabbal waa soo dhacyey, this post is clearly in agreement with AT&T's in search of Resting Place: The Azania Aliens.

NGONGE   

Everyone is coming with their bucket; some draw water and others draw laughter. Horn got himself plenty of fresh water here (lets hope he doesn't stick his finger in though). :D

Gabbal   

nuune;754435 wrote:
Gabbal
waa soo dhacyey, this post is clearly in agreement with
AT&T
's
in search of Resting Place: The Azania Aliens.

I think there are two defining characteristics of this discourse as it relates to the Kenyan presence in southern Somalia; 1) the support provided against the Shabaab in a military capacity and 2.) the nature of the political interference outside of the Shabaab effort. While I am careful to frame my position around the former, I sympathize immensely with AT&T and wished to add my opposition to those individuals who exerted effort into belittling his honest, candid, and thorough expression of legitimate aspirations.

AYOUB   

Wlc back Horn. :) Only the Guru is now missing...

That's how I interpreted you riddle-laden post above:

I think there are two defining characteristics of this discourse as it relates to the Kenyan presence in southern Somalia

= Kenya has two aims in South Somalia.

the support provided against the Shabaab in a military capacity

= You are pro Kenyan Invasion to fight Shabaab.

the nature of the political interference outside of the Shabaab effort.

= Kenya's Azania and other plans.

While I am careful to frame my position around the former, I sympathize immensely with AT&T and wished to add my opposition to those individuals who exerted effort into belittling his honest, candid, and thorough expression of legitimate aspirations.

My understanding of the above is; you are in support of Kenyans fighting Shabaab in Somalia and against those hypocrites who oppose it for clannish reasons. You also feel for Azanians like A&T plight but you do not go as far as supporting the "buffer zone". :) Did I decode your message correctly?

Abtigiis   

Gabbal;754423 wrote:
TFG loyalists who are sensitive to criticism of these realities will admit then the extent to which their reservations about the Kenyan presence in Somalia is misplaced. In fact, a number of the individuals who seem to be adamantly opposed to Kenya's military effort against Shabaab, with misplaced notions of moral superiority no less, are themselves loyalists and supporters of entities and factions whose security is guaranteed by Ethiopia in this respect. I encourage us to be honest with ourselves and cease the translucent pseudo-nationalism witnessed with this specific development. It is unbecoming and drips from the blade of hypocrisy.

What an affront! This is preposterous! It is unacceptable hogwash. How dare you, Gabbal. How dare you demand honesty and censure hypocrisy from some sections of our race? How naive of you to expect guilt-ridden contrition from creatures who can't tell what shame and conscience is even if it smacks them at their sea-robbers look-alike faces?