Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Diidnadey Ogow Dalkayaga Ninkii Doonayow; Prof Abtigiis Song

Abtigiis   

Dr. Xinn,

Ilaa shalay waxaan islahaa hees u tiri xinn runtii using amin amir cartoon. what a coincidence you were also thinking of same at the same time?

MAHIIGAaan iyo Xinn baan dhex mukhuuranaayaa :D

Profasoore I begun to like your deep seated nationalism. In that note, this song captures your sense of confidence.

Speaking of Mahiga, I don't hate the brother for he is merely representing the wishes of UN Security C for Somalia. He facilitates UN agenda. But Somalis were over the top in their embrace of him. And I mean SOMALIS (Landers, Punts, Benadirs, Southerns ...). They danced for him, and that was disgrace wallaahi.

But the message he communicated was not bad. The world is tired of Somalia, and they want to leave it to her self.

Abtigiis,

I am sure you know this, but the reason this song wins my vote is in twofold; 1) it was sung by young kids (I love kids and the anaashiid they sing), 2) and more importantly it represents an era when Somalia was a relatively powerful state, the lyrics make it clear and the threats were credible at the time. The beauty of these lyrics is although our quarrel was with one country, the author decided to talk over Ethiopia and converse with the audience at the wider continent, Africa.

Africa listen, and be informed,

He who desires our lands, we refused

He who murdered our brethren, we noticed

His intentions and provocations, will be responded

Africa listen, and be informed,