Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Do u think 9/11 helped the muslim youths understand more about this world?

N.O.R.F   

Plz ppl air view on this as for me personally 9/11 and the aftermath thereof, has woke me up to this world and i now recognise that this world will never be the same again.

The events on that september morning shook me,i was at work and went for my lunch break at about 2pm (uk time), as i was driving to the usual cafe, i put radio 5 live on and hear the news. First reaction could'nt believe what was goin on, second reaction still numb. Anyway i got back in the office and told others what was going on, one lady actually phoned New York to see if her daughter and husband were ok. They were. Got home at about 6pm and just sat infront of that tv for like 6 hrs trying to find out the full picture. I even bought the papaers the following day and kept them in shoe bo, stil got them and pull them out now ad then.The weeknd after that i was a petrol station filling the car when all of a sudden i hear, u **** *ng bast*rds killing everyone, get back to yr own **** *in country. Even tough we first just laughed it off, i actually thinkg of that moment and everything happening today, 9/11 has made ppl all over the world choose who side they are on. Never has it been more clear, the differences between the kafur and the muslim, this is the reason why i feel that many people have learned from this experience and taken note!

So what do u all think and plz write yr experiences on that day!

Mujahida   

Asalama-Alay-Kum

Some people seem to be proud because of what happened on the 9/11! I wonder why?

9/11 has put the Muslim world in a terrible crisis my brotha we can't even walk in a street without being looked at or called names.I feared so much not only for those innoncent people who have died but for my visions of peace and of a better world. I feared for my dream of an end to

the conflict in the Middle East -- most likely that vision had gone up in a cloud of smoke :( .

What of my hopes of cultural understanding, of erasing of stereotypes, of validating identity and difference? That too, had come tumbling down. The terrorists had set off the death knell to my vision of a better day to come :( . InshaAllah we will be protected by Allah no matter what, but don't tell me that we're fine now, we were covered with an armour, now we're Uncovered without no shadow covering us.

Much love&Respect for all the muhajabas= sistas with hijab keep on shining keep on reppin the ummah whereeva u are, the role u play most definitely deserves an ablause " love you for the sake of Islam".

Ma^Salama

Mujahida   

Asalama-Alay-Kum

Some people seem to be proud because of what happened on the 9/11! I wonder why?

9/11 has put the Muslim world in a terrible crisis my brotha we can't even walk in a street without being looked at or called names.I feared so much not only for those innoncent people who have died but for my visions of peace and of a better world. I feared for my dream of an end to

the conflict in the Middle East -- most likely that vision had gone up in a cloud of smoke :( .

What of my hopes of cultural understanding, of erasing of stereotypes, of validating identity and difference? That too, had come tumbling down. The terrorists had set off the death knell to my vision of a better day to come :( . InshaAllah we will be protected by Allah no matter what, but don't tell me that we're fine now, we were covered with an armour, now we're Uncovered without no shadow covering us.

Much love&Respect for all the muhajabas= sistas with hijab keep on shining keep on reppin the ummah whereeva u are, the role u play most definitely deserves an ablause " love you all for the sake of Islam".

Ma^Salama smile.gif

Khayr   

Salams,

Allah shakes you up because you are not taking his ayats (signs) too seriously some times.

He did this to the people of Nuh, Lut and many of the other anbiyah and their people.

For the sister that that said that this event has shattered her 'dream' of Islam and muslims living in Unison with the West, ARE YOU AWAKE NOW!

Alhamdullilah this has shown us that most muslims are weak and there are many ulama who are munafiqoon.

As a muslim, if you are getting too comfortable with your deen, then there is something wrong with it because if you live in the qurba, then expect your deen to be tested over and over again.

If it isn't being tested, then that means you are selling your deen and soul for the dunya. If you want the Akheera, you have to sacrfice the dunya.

Well i dont know if it helped muslim as such. However what it did do is force them to confront the reality of their situation as we became the focus of many suspisons in the various countries we live in.

N.O.R.F   

I did not mean that this has helped the muslim umma if thats what u thought, what i meant was that many ppl who were asleep to what was going on around the world and the crimes that were being committed against the muslims, have now woken up to a cold bucket of water being poured over them.

ps what were u all doin on that day?

What was I doing that day?

On that day, I had an early class at some college away from campus therefore I had taken the bus that day. Class finished at around 11am and I was on my way to the university and decided to drop in the library which is more like a social center if you ask me. Its there when I first heard the news, I was shocked!!! One of the auditoriums was used to view CNN and NBC...my jaw dropped at the horrific scenes. Anyway, one black lady I knew turned to me and said "I bet they're going to blame the arabs for this, the media is already pointing fingers" The media had no information about the terrorists but it was a natural inclination for them to suggest that.

University announced that all afternoon classes are cancelled.

I rushed home. My parents called to check up us. Then I remembered my cousin worked in the Wall Street district but I had no idea which building! But we were relieved to find out she was orite though she was only few blocks from the devastated area. I was pretty much glued to the television for the remainder of the day in horror and disbelief. I was planning on going to the world trade center a month before that but the trip never worked out.

And slowly as we found out who these men were, I grew unease about the whole situation. Questions started to runnin through my head. I knew that life would never be the same for all muslims in this country. Week after week, cases of hate crime against muslims started flooding at local arab anti-discrimination center since majority of muslims in my neck of the wood are arabs.

One day after some time weeks passed by, I was walking down the street when a man out of no where called me a LESBIAN. I was :eek: By the time I got myself together he was outta sight!

This incident has changed me in more ways than I know. I think I'm more aware of the Muslim world more than ever and not to mention the US and its foreign policies.

I'm out of time. Macasalama.

Qac Qaac   

well i don't know about u guys, but to me september 11, divided the muslim ppl into 2 kind of ppl, ones who just became scared and ones who just became out spoken about it, SELL OUTS for the lack of better word and REAL MUSLIMS. In that case it did alot for the muslims, cause for the first time in for long time u could seperate who is serious muslim and who is not u know, u really know who got ur back who not. u feel me, if i talk about myself it really made me a better muslim then i was b4, i actually became more practising cause the incident told me that this religion was the bump or the right religion and ppl will always attack it. but u know what it always wins with or with out muslims so why don't u just be on the winning side. and yeah allah will test his believers so he could tell who really believes him and who is not. so let me just give me and u guys and advice just know that what ever allah planned to happen to u will happen to u, so don't be fearful and just be quite and chicken, but actually become more active and help the kuffars to better understand our religion, instead of hiding in our homes ok. and one more thing DO THE MUSLIM PPL IN THE WESTERN COUNTRIES THOUGHT THEY WOULD ALWAYS LIVE IN THE LUXIOROUS LIFE THEY ARE IN NOW HUH?

Salaam alakum Brothers'n sisters in Islam..

i Just wanted to make a small remark on. this so called sept 11th...

Firstable.. No True Muslim would be Proude of what happened.. But as muslims we know everything that happens in this Tunya happens for a reason'and a Good one if you've a Strong iman......i Personally, can't Point Fingers'n Critisis'bout tha Kuffars For Allah will be the Judge of that But i must say i completely Agree with My dear sister Latefa, the event did arous alote of tenssion, with in the communities we live in... Now thats Not a Good. thing, me and my friends tried our Best to Present Islam. Because we are the Future. we are the Ummah as you know it, So, try to be Polite,sensible, understanding. Our Mission in this world is to Submmit to Allah, and also attract people that are Misunderstanding our Dear Religion, Instead of scaring them away...

When sept 11 happened i was at tha other end of the world. Yet me'n my family were affected, that morning i couldn't get dressed for School, wallahi. it was so Shocking.. and we Knew Muslims would've been blamed,when i got to School we had tha Biggest assembly, and i was the only Hijabed girl in my school at that time..

which made it really Difficult, Alhamdulillah Allah was always with me and always will me so'i'll never be scared of a ''KUFAAR''. for we'll never stand in the same place, i Gues My Point is sept 11 happened for a Reason.. better to live it that way, Alahu alaam... ;)

And i must say alote of people Converted to Islam... Because Curiosity Hit it's Course Alhamdulillah'& Alahu akbar

Here's a lil Poets for tha brothers'n sisters please' ENJOY!

Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Knowledge of God is my Capital;

Reason is the Root of my Faith;

Love is my Foundation;

Enthuasiasm is my Horse;

Remembrance of God is my Friend;

Firmness is my Treasure;

Sorrow is my Companion;

Science is my Weapon;

Patience is my Mantle;

Contentment is my Booty;

Poverty is my Pride;