Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Africa Oil says secures rig for Puntland drilling (Everything in Place for Historic October Drill)

uchi   

Our worst enemy is the oil companies ATM, we just need to stick together and don't let them stir us. They want a big cut /percentage without offering any long term investments into the country. We need to stand firm. It's just a exploration drilling right now, production stage will be next. =)

Somalia   

I agree uchi.

But there's a lot we do not know, the oil exploration deals were re-negotiated by Faroole, I am not sure what the new agreements were and the lobbying he is doing in the US is also interesting.

We need more transparency. . .

uchi   

I heard the government will most likely officially create a petroleum portfolio with a Minister, most likely the current Director will be promoted. Lets hope it works out. I know a lot of the investors browse SOL forums regularly, so let's make sure our aspirations are noted. This whole thing could fall apart if they try to pull what they did last time with our previous president.

Hopefully we get a good deal and roads are built, and the local communities near the drilling sites are given jobs as a start.