Sign in to follow this  
jamal1987

What a shame

Somalis need to stop celebrating their national days. We need to remove Punt land day, Somali-land day, Somalia day and whatever the hell else you want to call it day. How can any Somali be proud of their country? I am a half-Somali 24 year old man and I can't understand how a full Somali person can be proud of their country. I feel embarrassed when I see what is happening to our people on Television. Why are our leaders allowing this? Why are these people our leaders? Do we the people not have a voice against them? Did we elect them? They need to go NOW.

They need to be punished for the way they let the country become. When someone runs for a political position he/she is essentially an employee of the people/public. For some reason being a political figure in Somalia doesn't work this way. Political people in Somalia get a salary for no work at all. What have they done? They have done nothing. They have literally done nothing. All politicians for the past few decades have done absolutely nothing. If we had a few monkeys or goats in our government, we would be no worse than we are now. How do we vote for these people who are so useless, so pathetically useless, to help us over this gigantic hole filled with useless tribal pride, conflict and eye for eye nonsense?

Why are these so-called ministers, tribal-chiefs, presidents, politicians etc. in power? Why? They are so unqualified for their positions it is almost sad. It is so sad to see the state of our country. So sad to see who are our 'leaders'? So sad to see how passive the rest of the Somalia population overseas and in Somalia is. Why are there no demonstrations in Somalia? Why aren’t this ******* shabab wiped off the face of this earth. Is it really so difficult to stop just a couple of hungry skinny Somalis running around with guns? I have been to Somalia, it is a flat land, and they have no caves to hide in and they don't hold any strong strategic positions. A couple of F-16s or helicopters would solve the problem once and for all. Why hasn't our pathetically useless and fat government launched an attack on them? What the hell is happening in Somalia? Where the hell is all that aid money Somalia is receiving going?

The government needs to go! It needs to go now and it needs to be shamed. It is literally harder to do absolutely nothing, which is what the government miraculously managed, then to do something. How the hell did Somalia get to this state where we elect such useless men as our leaders? They are so unqualified for their positions it is sickening to watch. At the rate Somalia is going, in the next couple of years we will be taken over by Ethopia and changed into a Christian country.

If you disagree with anything I've said then you are an *****. If you disagree and provide a reason, then you are a brainwashed, pathetic little rat. The majority of the Somalis have the most self-destructive mentality I have ever witnessed. I have never met a more proud bunch of ignorant nitwits in all my life. WTF is there to be proud of? Your clan? Your tribal heritage? What ******* heritage? All I see is starving Somalis on TV. What the hell has your tribe done for you lately? Why are Somalis so freaking passionate about their tribes? Why do Somalis intentionally isolate themselves by not associating themselves with people of 'rival' tribes? WTF kind of nonsense is that? Whenever I meet a new Somali person, the first question I'm asked is what qabil (tribe) am I. What the **** difference does it make what tribe I am? This is 2011, we are not hunting zebras and running with gazelles anymore.

My tribe does not shape who I am and it should not shape who you are. I just want to shake these people until some sense is knocked into their heads. It's as if this type of thinking is inbuilt into all Somalis and I blame your parents and your parents' parents. Somalis are getting brainwashed by their own blood, their own relatives and their own parents. Each generation is getting more ****ed up then the previous due to all this brainwashing.

FORGET THE ******* PAST! Forget who killed who, which tribe massacred which tribe, that is not our problem. Why do Somalis hold on to such things forever? Can we not just move on with our lives? Can we not let our Somali children live their own lives instead of suffering and fighting for something their forefathers did? Nothing of what happened in the past should have anything to do with the present, let alone the future. Are we so ******* petty that we will let our children suffer for things our fathers and forefathers have done? Do we not realize that we are the only country in the world going backwards on our own accord and not because of outside influences? Are we so ****** and self-hating?

If it were up to me, I would destroy all tribes in Somalia. I would eradicate that type of destructive mentality. I would cut the snake at the head and kill or imprison all tribal chieftains who spread hate and evil to the ignorant masses who don't know any better. I would bring Somalia back to how it once was. None of this separatist bullshit. All people equal under the Somali flag. A Somalia where we are judged not by our family or tribe, but as what we have accomplished in our lives, our education and our respect for other people.

Everything I've said has probably already been said countless times before, but it is something that needs to be said again and again and again. I am ready for all the typical passive-aggressive Somalis to respond that I am deluded and should not pretend to know about something I don't understand. Well I understand that Somalia is slowly diminishing in numbers and power and I understand that Ethiopia and the US are licking their lips just waiting for the right opportunity to strike. And for the people, who will state, what have I done but complain? Well wtf have you guys done?

Alone no one can do anything, but if we can figure out a way similarly to what happened in Tahrir Square to unite all Somalis sick and tired of the current situation, to overthrow the most useless government in the history of the world, that is a start. If every Somali decides not to vote in the next elections because of how pointless it will be, that is a start. If every Somali rejects their tribe and moves to unify Somalia into the country it was supposed to be, that is a start. If Somalis learn to forgive and forget and move forward for the greater good of our country and our children, that is a start.

It is so aggravating because the Somali problem is not as complicated as the problems of the rest of the world. Somalia is not under attack by foreign invaders. Somalia is not suffering earthquakes and tsunamis. Every single thing wrong with Somalia is due to the Somalis themselves. The cause of Somalia's degeneracy is due to ******, arrogant, ignorant and proud Somali leaders herding a flock of gullible and uninformed Somalis to their own personal annihilation. These leaders should not even be considered evil due to their complete incompetence. They have NO agenda because there is no conclusion to their plans. They will serve their time and horde as much wealth as possible from an already starving and deprived nation and then make space for the next degenerate 'leader' to do the same until Somalia is completely sucked dry.

I'm so pessimistic that it's aggravating even for me to listen to myself as well. What has happened to Somalia? Why have we become nothing more than a bunch of victims with our hands out begging the rest of the world for food?

Polanyi   

Brother, you can't destroy the pure Islamic tribes of Somalia because you would have to kill yourself( unless your father is not Somali). Secondly, the destruction of tribes would result in the loss of some really talented peole. For example, my subclan is the best Somali clan at designing webpages. Furthermore, it is the Somali tribes who have given us beautfiul cushitic Somali women.