Sign in to follow this  
London2010

British people raise £15 million for Somalia, what do the arabs and muslims do?

peasant   

Kuwaiti News Agency

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

KUWAIT, July 19 (KUNA) -- Two Kuwaiti planes carrying relief, medical aid and tents will head to Somalia on Thursday to assist millions of starving drought victims in the African country.

The initiative comes after Kuwait agreed USD 10 million in relief aid for Somalia, whose people are suffering from famine and malnutrition as a result of the most severe drought to have hit the country in ten years.

The decision was passed by the Kuwaiti Cabinet according to the instructions of His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the Kuwait Red Crescent Society's chief spokesperson, Abdulrahman Al-Aoun said in a statement.

The UN World Food Programme has estimated that around 10 million people require food aid in the country, due to the extreme wave of drought and heavy armed conflict, he said.

Also, according to UNICEF, as close as two million children are affected by malnutrition and are in desperate need of food.

Kuwaiti News Agency

A_Khadar   

The UN World Food Programme has estimated that around 10 million people require food aid in the country, due to the extreme wave of drought and heavy armed conflict, he said.

And why do they say somalia population is less than 8 or 9 million.. Is this exageration to get more money?

A_Khadar   

Timur;734084 wrote:
20 years later and Somalis still expect handouts to save the country they helped destroy. Look inward for inspiration. I have my eye on building my beloved Puntland and I suggest the rest of you look inward and build your home regions and the lives of your kin.

Aint bad idea but remember many in Somalia who are currently face this severe drought are not as furtunate as your beloved p/l. Neither they have large diaspora memebers who contribute nor they have port(s) and lucrative piracy to survive. On the top of that they sufferred from the mericless warloads who robbed and enslave them over the years. Your suggestion is just like the one said "Habar roob hayo dadkoo idil inuu hayo ayay moodaa"..