Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Quiz on Tawheed and Creed

Haashim   

Thanx Cakifah, My question is:

According to a Hadith from our Rasul (S.A.W) the IIMAAN is ....... branchs. the highest is the word of 'there is no god but ALLAH' and the lowest is to remove the litter from the street and the shyness is one of the branchs of IIMAAN.

How many branchs of IIMAAN were mentioned in this Hadith?

Xafsa   

How many branchs of IIMAAN were mentioned in this Hadith?

70 banches were mentioned in this hadith.

The Holy Prophet (Rasulullah )(Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) has said, “Imaan has more than seventy branches* of which the most important is the recitation of Kalimah (Laa ilaha illallaho) "There is no one worthy of worship but Allah", and the least one is to remove some obstacle (stone, wood, thorn, etc.) from the way; and modesty also is a special requisite of Imaan.

Question: What are the 2 pillars of Imaan?

Originally posted by Rahima:

I realise i am deviating from the topic at hand, but just a small point.

We as Somalis are generally not ashaaciras, but rather part of Ahulu Sunnah wal Jamaacah (usually of the Shaafici madhab, and as of late the Salafi methodology, which is contrary to popular belief not in opposition to the schools of thought, but rather incorporates them all). I can't remember all the faults of the ashaacira, but i believe one is that they believe that Allah is everywhere or that it is forbidden for us to place Allah physically in one place and we all know that Allah is above the Carsh, which is above the kursi which is above the seven heavens (explained beautifully be Ameenah
smile.gif
).

Also, please for the love of Allah stop using the word wahabi
;)
, for the billionth time, there is no such thing as wahabi. Salafi, Yes, but not wahabi
smile.gif
. As i've said on countless other occasions, this is nothing more than propaganda from the kufaar to turn the Muslims on one another, divide and conquer in full swing
:(

Much apologies for hijacking the topic, but i had to get that off my chest.
:D

with all ur respect sis rahima i think it is bit unrealistic to claim that somalis are not generally ashacirah,i can say somali before 80s were ashacirah,and it was only after ikhwan(not that of egypty)was introduceto somalis,even now somali who live in rural areas still practice ashacirah way of islam.it is not also correcyt to say wahabis does not exist or it is kufar probagada,sis every firqah in moslim are named after their founder,and i bellieve there is nothing wrong with that as long as they follow the holy quran.on other hand, is there any firqah that can claim totallity guidance.i mean all the moslim groups have mastakes in thier interpretation of holy quran. be it muctazilah,ahlulsunah,shiate,or even ashacirah

Rahima   

i can say somali before 80s were ashacirah

JZK smile.gif , my point exactly. We as Somalis, since the reawakening, (as I prefer to call it) are no longer ashacirah.

i bellieve there is nothing wrong with that as long as they follow the holy quran.

True walaal, but I will also have no problem with it when and if I ever see another Muslim calling themselves a Wahabi (on a serious note and not just to combat people who seem to have nightmares over it, as we know some do). Till that day, I shall not accept that term simply because I know of its origin and I know the reasons behind its usage. Let’s be honest, even nowadays what does it mean to be called a wahabi? Of course they mean an extremist (although most often it is just a person who holds firm to the Quran and Sunnah ;) ), and therefore I have a great distaste for the word and you will never see a respectful scholar even referring to the word as an acceptable label (caqiidah wise).

The majority of Ulema from the Sunni madhabs follow the Ashari Aqeeda.

Technically, they don’t, but I suppose it all depends on who you speak to and where you get your information from. The trick is sifting through it all and taking that which is in accordance with the Quran and accepted xadiith, and leaving the rest. Just like the link you provided brother, I did not read any supporting evidence from the Quran and Sunnah, not to mention it was written by those who have a particular agenda (no need to mention it, I believe it is self evident ;) ). I can do the same for just about anything, I can also post a link for example from the Ahmadiyya and say that this is an accepted belief since they too seem to quote from various scholars- but we all know that is a load of nonsense smile.gif .

Anyway, of course, the sects are many, but if we are look at from the perspective of the names and sifaats of Allah s.w.t, generally we can broadly classify them into three (however, there could be many more):

1.Traditionalists.

2.Muctazilla.

3.Ashacira.

The scholars of Islam (not the Muslims) are generally of the traditionalist viewpoint.

We can easily discuss this, but as Muslims our basis should always be the evidence from the Quran and Xadiith and not this sect and that sect because we will never get out of it :D .

Wa bilaahi tawfiiq.

w/salaam.