Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

SOMALIA: The Transition continues to drift

NASSIR   

"*By June 12, the T.F.G.’s cabinet issued a statement in which it rejected its dissolution and insisted that “the Kampala Accord must be sent to the parliament for endorsement.” On June 13, the independent parliamentary faction, speaking through the chairman of the T.F.P.’s information committee, Awad Ahmed Ashara, gave its support to the cabinet’s position, demanding that Sharif Hassan convene parliament, blaming the Kampala Accord for the demonstrations, and accusing the president and speaker of being “traitors.” The independent faction called on Farmajo to submit the Kamapala Accord to parliament and criticized the agreement for provisions that deprived parliament of oversight of the T.F.I.s, prohibited votes of confidence on the president and speaker, and limited press criticism of the T.F.I.s.

Ashara added that the Accord had given a boost to the armed Islamist movement al-Shabaab that opposes the T.F.G. by providing* the former with an opportunity to gain popular support. On June 14, Farmajo announced: “I will not leave when the Somali parliament has not approved the agreement. I will not resign at this time when I see the support I am getting from the Somali population.”

It had become obvious that Museveni had miscalculated and either did not understand the political forces at work in the T.F.I.s, overestimated his power, or simply did not assess the situation in his rush to impose a “solution” to the term-extension debate.

On June 15, the push-back against the Kampala Accord and Farmajo’s dismissal intensified with Farmajo meeting with more than 100 M.P.s to discuss the Kampala Accord and cooperation between the government and parliament. On June 16, the independent parliamentarians endorsed Farmajo’s decision to remain in office pending parliament’s decision on the Kampala Accord."

Read it full

http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Somalia_27/Somalia_The_Transition_Continues_to_Drift.shtml

A_Khadar;732699 wrote:
Is s/l included that somalis of somalia??

No Somalis from Kenya Somalis from Djibouti Somalis from Somalilannd Somalis from Ethiopia are not included Somalis from Somalia that's what oodweyne is talking about.