Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

MKA prognoses on the Champions League and who is going to progress to the next round

Inshallah here is my predictions for this coming champions league last sixteen finalists and who is going to progress to the quarterfinals inshallah.

I expect the following teams to progress into the quarter final stage tommorrow inshallah:

1. Liverpool

2. Chelsea FC

3. Olympique Lyon

4. FC Valencia

Actually the champions Barcelona have a hard task and I believe they're in real danger of going out.

Liverpool can count on home support and the two away goals they scored. They also have a master tactician in the man of Raphael Benitez, who knows the catalonians very well due to himself being a spaniard.

Chelsea will progress against the FC Porto inshallah and although there's history between the two clubs I cannot see Chelsea lose and the away goal will come in handy for them.

Valencia just have to prevent Inter from scoring inshallah and they will be through as well I guess the time has come for Inter to lose and thus go out of the champions league.

Olympique Lyon haven't scored a away goal but I believe that they're much better team than AS Roma. I would like to think that they will progress to the next round inshallah.

Well that's my predictions and we will see if they come true or not tommorrow inshallah.

Emperor   

At this stage of the league 8 teams will progress to the next level...

Liverpool all tha way .. go go go

I know brother and I said it in my post that I will be providing a prognoses on who is going to progress from the last sixteen to the quarterfinals (last eight).

But I wanted to first predict on the teams that are going to play tommorrow inshallah.

The eight teams that will be playing against each other on Wednesday I shall predict as well on whose going to join the four I mentioned above in my first post.

So stay tuned inshallah.

NGONGE   

It's getting very interesting now. The champions' League has overtaken all national leagues. It's all about the money. It's a one billion dollar competition now.

Or should that be.....aah never mind. :D

NGONGE   

^^^ :D

Denmark is fine. Europeans are strange like that. They day you get an e-mail from the UK or the US with such figures I’m going to quit my job, wonder the streets shoeless and tell all and sundry about how deluded I was all those years.

^Ah the old insecurities springing up once again in you. I knew you couldn't get over it (your woeful schooling that is). :D

Anyhow back to the topic, Timacadde you have a valid contention but from what I've seen so far this season from Olymipique Lyon combined with the way they outclassed their opponents in the preliminary stage of the Champions league which resulted in them topping their group in a sovereign style, I cannot see AS Roma defeating them in their own backyard.

Olymipique is undefeated in 18 games of the Champions league played so far and I guess their record speaks for itself. The nil nil is ofcourse a disadvantage but they should wrap it up in front of their home crowd anyway.

Let's see and await the results inshallah.

Three out of four not bad.

For tommorrow inshallah I predict the following teams going through to the quarterfinals:

1. Manchester United

2. AC Milan

3. PSV

4. Bayern Munich

Well I believe Man U will go through tommorrow inshallah giving their excellent league form and away goal which will come in handy for them.

Lille is not in the same league as the reds, sorry to say that. That's why I predict a comfortable win or a nil nil draw for Man U.

AC Milan have the home advantage and I expect them to go through as well. I know Celtic have surprised a few in this champions league season but I can't see them winning against the italian giants in front of their home crowd.

PSV have to attack and they cannot sit back on their comfortable home goal win. They have ofcourse the advantage but Arsenal is always capable of new surprises and with their dutch winger Robbie van Persie and Henry, it should be a tough night for PSV in the Emirates stadium but Arsenal have really flopped during this season in the Premier league and that's why they need new life and blood installed into them and the champions league should provide it for them just like last season.

PSV have been surprise semi-finalists three seasons ago and one might bring to the fold that Arsenal were finalised and runner-ups themselves last season but PSV should come through anyway.

Bayer Munich's advantage is Van Bommel's late stunner and goal against the royals and if it wouldn't be for that goal I would have picked the royals to go through but Bayern in front of their home crowd and their two away goals should give them the cofidence they need to go through.

Well that's my latest prediction and lets wait for the results to materialse tommorrow inshallah.

So until tommorrow nice predicting.

I would normally take credit for a prediction such as the one i made about Roma as it wasnt founded on anything other then a hunch.

this time

i will agree with AC Miland, Man U and PSV but i think Real are going to be Bayern Munich becuase of Bayern's generally poor season and they are playing badly in germany. Real havent been at their best either but they are like Liverpool and know what to do in the Champions league

^Thanks brother, maashallaah you got all your four predictions right and we shall see if you can repeat it today as well.

Good luck on your predictions. We shall await the results and see if we were right on our predictions very shortly inshallah.

History was made tonight in Germany as Roy Makaay scored the fastest goal in Champions League history. The Bayern player scored in only 10 seconds after the whistle has gone, now that is a quick goal, even quicker than Malidini's quick opener against Liverpool in the Champions league final. :D

All four of my predictions have been right and spot on tonight.

I was positive in PSV winning against Arsenal and I'm happy for Alex for scoring that late equaliser as he must have felt terrible as he was responsible for the own goal which was netted and scored by him.

Bayern's game was another remarkable match. The royals have been defeated and I knew van Bommel's late goal in Madrid would make all the difference. The awarded van Nistelroy penalty was a joke and van Bommel's sending off was really harsh. Anyhow justice has been done and the better team of the two has progressed to the next round.

Man U's game was just predictable and Lille didn't trouble them at all, alright they played above their own expectations and were generally a good sport and match for Man U but they could not score tonight and that made the difference. Also Larssons farewell present to Old Trafford should be remembered for years to come inshallah.

AC Milan what can I say. A superb goal and moment of brilliance by Kaka. Celtic did themselves proud to take the match all the way to extra-time but for me it was always the italian giants who would be progressing to the next round and they did. Good on them.

We shall meet next time for another round of predicting, until then, we can all dream for our respected teams to win the CL apart from Arsenal fans that is. :D