Sign in to follow this  
Nur

A Private Message From A Respected Sister in Islam

Nur   

The Message:

Re: The Topic of MOWLID

I wanted to respond this in public, but it wouldn't let me. I have been reading your posts for a long time now, and I always thought you were a fair person. Here is the response that i wanted to read.

This is an old tactic Nur is using is old. He is lumping Sufism with western interest. Which is I suppose is meant is discredit Sufism. Sufis were the first people that always answered the call of Islam. They are the ones that have brought islam to the far corners of the world. Sufism has existed as long as Islam has existed, with various forms. You don’t have to agree with Sufis religiously, but don’t resort to smear campaign.

My Response:

Ukhti Al Ghalya ( Walaashey Qaalida ah)

Its healthy and natural to hold different opinions on issues in Islam, and its precisely the reason we have this forum. The end goal of the debate being that we learn from one another and not to degrade one another, and as I have always said on these forums, e-Nuri doesn't attack people, it attacks problems. So, I kindly ask you, my respectable sister in Islam to not personalize the debate, your person and mine should be kept out of it, just the issue, nothing but the issue and ALL about the issue.

If I am wrong, all Muslims are safe. If I am right, there is a problem and this is the crux of the issue, we need to mitigate this risk my Dear Sister and if we find that we are exposed, we should help each other not to fall in the trap nations before us have fallen, staying the course of Islam is not easy, going astray is, and that is why in Fatiha we pray to Allah some 17 times a day " Ihdinaa al Siraat Al Mustaqeem"

Sufism did not exist as long as Islam existed ( please go back to its history, and correct me with your findings). Its not a smear that the western nations political agenda is favoring to deal with Sufism instead of other "radical movements" which they see as a threat to their interests in the Muslim world, today's Sufism is different than the Sufism of Sayyid Muhammad Abdallah Hassan, in this regard ONLY! Sayyid who fought against the British occupation of Somalia was not your regular Sufi, they dubbed hum the MAD MULLAH!. I have posted the PDF of their think tanks, if you are ignoring this connection and are not suspecting their motives, please reconsider, at least give me the benefit of the doubt and if you still find that I am wrong, please articulate it in a scholarly way with clear rebuttals of what I have written, which is the healthy debate we are seeking.

I do not know of your scholarly background in Islamic Studies, so I don't know what level should I begin with you in this debate, but from what you have written I beg to disagree with your assertions ( and its not personal, as I have unwavering respect and appreciation for your person for writing to me candidly, my true friends are not always those who agree with me, and I hope to win you as one inshaAllah).

Ukhti, the issue is dire, its about our faith and final FATE!, we need to remove all personal inclinations and only seek clear proofs as Allah said in Holy Quraan. Its with patience we can all reach a wise conclusion on this issue and every issue in life.

If you are looking for knowledge and want to learn your Deen, its advisable that you seek proofs for every statement that you disagree with before sticking to your old position. Its only when you realize that your position was wrong that you have learned a valuable lesson, holding to your opinion, if its wrong is not a learning activity which beats the purpose of the forum. If your position is right, you have the responsibility of being patient and kind toward others who have not reached your level of knowledge and wisdom, post your opinions in a scholarly way and help people to grow to become better people.

In Conclusion, I pray that Allah joins all Muslims in His everlasting Mercy, that He forgives us all for our excesses, which we all have, and to guide us to a path that is straight, the path taken by those who Allah has given Nicmah, the Prophets, the Siddiques, Saliheen and the Shuhadaa.

Utmost Respect

Yor Brother In Islam

Nur