Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

The Sword of Allah: Khalid bin Al-Waleed: His Life and Campaigns

Kashafa   

One of the best books I've ever read. The author, a General in the Pakistani Army, spent 5 years of meticulous research and travelled to all the sites and locations mentioned. This is more than the biography of a military genius. This is a thorough description of early Islam: from Quraysh's rejection and subsequent battles with the Prophet(PBUH), the conquest of Makkah, the wars of "Rid'dah"(Apostasy), the invasion of Iraq & Syria; all seen through the eyes of Khalid.

Here, for SOL's viewing audience, is the book in it's entirety online.

Dhubad.   

Very nice e-book, I have enjoyed reading it though I haven't finished it yet. Surely he was a great worrier, may allah bless his soul.

Jazkhallah kheir Kashafa,

Indeed a good book and an account of a honourable man of great talent. Mashallah I admire his authority, courage,determination and being a man of action than words.

May Allah have mercy on his soul and reward him Jannah. And may Allah bless the currently living Ummah with the zeal to uplift the banner of Islam, honourably like the Ummah before us. Amin

Blessed   

^I doubt that the shoe will fit for we're not as worthy. Regardless, amiin sister. May The Almighty make us true to this deen.

Kashafa

Jizaak Allah brother. I've always wanted to know what Khalid Bin Waliid did after the campaigns. He was truly gifted. But it has to be said, his success was also partly due to his commanders- the best of all mankind.. The Prophet (saw) and after him Abu Baker sidiiq and and Umar Faruq may Allah be pleased with them all.

As we are on the topic. Here is a link to the Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum (The Sealed Nectar) . One of the best books on the Prophet (saw) life.

Again Jizaak Allah for the post… smile.gif