Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Was I cursed?

Modesty   

Salaamu alaykum,

My attitude has changed recently. I became more quieter, and less social. My aunt told me few days ago, that I've changed. She suspects that someone might have put some type of "sorcery" on me. I do believe this exists. I have a few people that I think might do this to me. I'm kind of scared at the same time I feel paranoid about the whole situation especially when my aunt made me realize the changes that were happening to me. Is there any that of religious person I should consult with? Thanks.

Every human has his ups n downs. You maybe in a down period. What you should do is keep ur trust in Allah increase Nawafil acts e.g prayers,charity. Read alot of the Quraan and try all the time to be in a state of Udhu (ablution). And whenever someone says something nice about u say Hasbunallah.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Modesty:

I do believe this exists.

I believe in the power of the Qur'an. The Qur'an is a shield against evil beings and things. Frequently reading the Qur'an, especially ayatul Kursi, is in order.

S.O.S   

dear Modesty,

Becoming quieter and less social, are not symptoms of being a victim of sorcery, but just a behaviour alien to us Somalians which may came as shock to some. Others like your aunt may even suspect black magic, but see things into perspective and evaluate any changes in your obedience to Allah and worship for the positive or the negative. Also, as our brother indicated, the Qur’aan is the protection against all evils.

The most important thing is not to be afraid of these spells of evil; little do we know but the shaydaan cast his evil spells on us every day! He casts three spells in the evening while we are asleep to prevent us from praying salaatul-fajar. What we do is, we recite Qur’aan to guard us from his evil.

Keep in touch insha’Allah and we’ll pray for you.

Som@li   

Originally posted by Modesty:

Salaamu alaykum,

My attitude has changed recently. I became more quieter, and less social. My aunt told me few days ago, that I've changed. She suspects that someone might have put some type of "sorcery" on me. I do believe this exists. I have a few people that I think might do this to me. I'm kind of scared at the same time I feel paranoid about the whole situation especially when my aunt made me realize the changes that were happening to me. Is there any that of religious person I should consult with? Thanks.

Who would do such evil thing to you? do background check,!!and read the Quran more,specially those ayats and Surahs prescribed for this situations,

lol   

Modesty: Sweetie.........don't buy into that.

Listen do this. After fajar prayer read 3 surahs which are, Nas, Falaq & Ikhlas three times each and after every surah blow it in ur palms and rub it all over ur body from head to toe.. and then do the same thing with Ayat-ul Kursi.

Repeat dat too after maghrib prayers! it should help!

Jacpher   

Arm yourself with the Dikr of Allah. Read Adkaar Sabaax wal Masaa regularly, if you can.

Sura (Ra'ad) [28] "Those who believed (in the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism), and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allâh: Verily, in the remembrance of Allâh do hearts find rest. "

May Allah help us all with his Dikr.

barakallaahu feeki hibo for reminding us of this sunnah but the act of spitting and blowing into the hands and wiping all over the body after reading the three sourahs is only for before bedtime i believe. but reading the three sourah 3 times each before sunrise and sunset is a prescribed sunnah.

i've heard in some q n a's where a scholar was asked regarding similar situations as yours and even worse.

somethings that can cause these types of things are

1. ayn- the evil eye, perhaps someone is envious of you, or the ayn can occur unintentionally from even your ownself

2. shaytaan, jinn

3. magic

the advices that were given were

1. recite much quran

2. make a lot of dhikr, remember Allaah in abundance, subhannallaah, alhamdullillaah, laa illaah illallaah, allahu akbar etc.

seek refuge from the evil eye by asking Allaah directly.

if you can get your hands on the small du'ah books that are sold in almost every bookstore, then there are a number of evening and morning du'ahs that help fight off such things by the will of Allaah.

and turn to Allaah in all cases making your worship sincerly and purely for him. as for the 'eye' that you find hung on people's walls believing that it protects them from the 'ayn' then this has no basis in the deen. nor do carrying amulets and objects with ayaat's written on it.

may Allaah rectify your affairs and grant you good health. ameen.