Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

An envlope without a flap

Johnny B   

A starnge thing happened in my town i was told.

A "Wadad" came from Ohio and and said he will do "muhadara" only for the Somali females (mostly wives ).

After the "muhadara" he started collecting thier Gold/silver belongings , becouse of a mysterious charity he told them he runs in all corners of Somalia/Somaliland.

in short , he left behind a families in ruins ....

many families are breaking up becouse of that.

as husbands protest wildly against buying new Gold/Silver chains, earings etc and the wives argue that they did "sadaka"

Now ,i don´t know where the money he collected goes , but what i´m more concerned about is his responsibility towards those families?

Is there a limit to what to accept as "sadaka" ?

Is this common in your town/city?

As-salaamu caleykum bro,

This is absolutely wrong IF there is no transparency regarding the destination of the sadqah. In fact, this is one thing Muslims lack: when they give charity of a mosque/other organizations, there are no transparent accounting practises. The Islamic centre/mosque I attend is good in that sense, and I trust my sadaqah with them. People should be very careful about who they give their sadaqah to, and if the organization in question isn't honest enough as to where the money goes, then the people should give sadaqah themselves (transfer money to family, or give sadaqah to the poor Muslims in your own city in North America). Personally speaking, this 'wadaad' is extremely suspicious, but Allaah knows best.

As-salaamu caleykum bro,

This is absolutely wrong IF there is no transparency regarding the destination of the sadqah. In fact, this is one thing Muslims lack: when they give charity of a mosque/other organizations, there are no transparent accounting practises. The Islamic centre/mosque I attend is good in that sense, and I trust my sadaqah with them. People should be very careful about who they give their sadaqah to, and if the organization in question isn't honest enough as to where the money goes, then the people should give sadaqah themselves (transfer money to family, or give sadaqah to the poor Muslims in your own city in North America). Personally speaking, this 'wadaad' is extremely suspicious, but Allaah knows best.

Yonis   

I don’t think their divorce was caused by the charity they gave in order to help the poor people who needed, especially those who live Somalia or Somaliland. I think their problem did not started from this charity; maybe they had another disagreement quite sometimes. On the other hand, the weakness of their imam can also be responsible about this incident, if it is true what you are saying..

I don’t know if we all remember, The Farewell Pilgrimage, when Bilal spread out a cloth and the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) urged the women to be generous with their gifts of charity, for when he had been allowed a glimpse into the flames of Hell, he had noted that most of the people being tormented there were women.

In this hadith we can see that they are able to donate or give us a charity their dahab, or anything they owned. However, if their husband were so needy and poor, they should give to them instead of giving to someone else. For instance, One day, Zainab, the wife of Ibn Masud, came and said “O Prophet of Allah! Today you ordered people to give alms and I had an ornament and intended to give it as alms, but Ibn Masud said that he and his children deserved it more than anybody else.†The prophet replied “ Ibn Masud had spoken the truth. Your husband and your children had more right to it than anybody else. So, they should take care of their houses if they know this will happen. But, I just can’t believe a Muslim person will divorce his wife for this reason.

There is no limit for giving out charity, even if we are not able to give any, we are encouraged to enjoin Al-macruf and keep away anything that is evil-this will be regarded as charitable deeds.

Walahu Aclam.

salams to all... this is funny.. where were the men when this guy calls specially on married women,, to collect "sadaqa",,, were they given permission by their men to go,, and who said only women pay sadaq,,, and who said "sadaqa" is in only gold and silver...

This bro/sis shows our ignorance in our diin... we are our own enemy...

May Allah SWA forgive us and guide us.. Ameen..

wasalam..

Islamtoday, I was thinking on the same lines. Subhannallah, the things people can do. I think the menfolk/shura commitee should have a talk with this Imam to know more. Problem with gold and ornaments is its not trace able different with cash and cheques.They need to know which organisation and how the money is sent.

Brings us back to the rotten side >Its high time Muslims to be cautious we are becoming the likes of the Jews and Christian Priests using religion for their own personal betterment. Allah knows the real intention of this person, but precautions should be taken. OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE.

Reminds me of a hadith where a man left his horse untied to a post and said Ive left him for Allah to protect. The Prophet SAW said You were to tie him to the post then leave it to Allah. So let us not be blind and say Allah will judge our intentions and we leave it to Him. We are responsible for whatever the outcome will be.

Fiamanillah

Jacpher   

JB: You were told about this and you haven't witnessed? No offense but the story sounds phony. I can't see this happening at my local mosque.

When there’s muxadaro, lecture at the mosque, people usually ask who the organizers are and the speaker. Many others ask if a fundraising is going to be held. I can’t imagine wadaad setting up a lecture for married sisters only to collect gold/jewelry for a charity back home. I think people aren’t that naïve to donate enormously. I’m sorry but this sound an insult to the sisters. Where's their good judgment? Couldn’t they ask for a proof from the Wadaad? Could they question why only sisters were asked for donation?

On certain occasions, I have seen some Sheikhs making lectures for sisters only, mainly on women issues. I know most of the Sheikhs won’t refuse male participation (if space permits) even in those occasions. The husbands have every reason to demand answers from the mosque or whoever organized the muxadaro.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

JB: You were told about this and you haven't witnessed? No offense but the story sounds phony. I can't see this happening at my local mosque.

I was told by a female who was there and the the whole city was talking about it , no secret there.

I´ve better things fo rmyself than posting phony posts on SOL.

it my sound unbeleiveable to you that it took place , but i is a fact, amazing isen´t it?