Sign in to follow this  
winnie

Our favourite month is around the corner

winnie   

asalaam 3leykum wa rahmatulla wa barakatu,

I noticed that we are approaching Ramadaan, and I thought maybe you guys could post some advice on how to prepare for the holy month.

For some people, time management is an issue during the month, so getting a head start in worldly affairs can be a necessity. that can mean fixing your work hours during the month, getting paper work out of the way, or even preparing a time table for cooking.

For others like myself, studies can be challenging during the month. one gets lethargic while fasting, and grades can suffer. what have you guys found helpful regarding this?

On the spiritual front, there are a number of things we can all improve on, and inshaAllah the month will help cristallyze the sunnah's into our lifestyles; here's what I plan on doing.

In preparation, I will try to read more quran everyday, whether its the translation or the original.

I will observe as many sunnah fasts as I can, and try to delay witr as far into the night as possible.

I cant think of anything else at the moment.

Fabregas   

Eating healthy now and during Ramadan will go along way to making your ramadan enjoyable! Alot of Somalis(and other immigrant) Muslims tend to eat oily foods and thus as Ramadan goes on, people eat less and less.

Caloosha ku qalalaysa when you constantly break your fast with oily foods. Meaning you will break your fast and eat small amounts of food during Afur/Suhur. Meaning you will become tired and lethargic during the day! A simple glass of milk, some raisins, banana and some porridge during suxur(along with your normal food) will give one more energy!

As for the Spritual side of things, I'll have to get back 2 you when I start preparing :D

me   

Is it me or is ramadan coming faster ever year? back in the days ramadaan wey fogeed, now every couple of months we have a ramadan.

Malika   

^LOL,instead of rejoicing at the opportunity to wipe clean the slate of all your dambiis..You are complaining the month comes too fast!..Heh

3 months to go folks! Inshaallah!

winnie   

it actually is coming 2 weeks faster.

the gregorian calendar is slighty longer than the lunar, so it always appears to be coming sooner.

Nur   

S & D sis

From last years (Shacbaan) Ramadan preparation, answering same question posed by a Nomad I wrote:

" Best way to prepare is to work with the end in mind.

What do you want to get out of Ramadan?

The answer of this question can lead you to what you have to do to get ready for Ramadan.

Because, with the end objective in your mind, your activities in Ramadan will align with your priorities during the same period. So, the higher your objectives, the more time slots you set aside for the preparation of Ramadan.

The Preparations for Ramadan do not include stockpiling Sambusa bags and truck load of exotic foods like they do it in the Gulf countries, where supermarkets sell 6 times more food in Ramadan alone than any other month. Instead, its the planning of your time ahead, so that all of your dunyaa commitments in the month Ramadan are minimized to allow for ample time for worship and Quraan, as Ramadan is the month of Quraan"

This Year I write:

As Reported by the Companion Macli ibn Abil Fadl, " The Sahaaba used to pray to Allah six month before Ramadan to Allah to extend their lifetime to reach Ramadan, and they used to pray the next six months after Ramadan for the acceptance of their fasting and worship" .

Ramadan has a special place in our hearts, its a renewable lifetime opportunity, to harness the immense reward in Ramadan we need to prepare for it with utmost detail and attention:

1. Sincere Niyah :

a. Plan to fill it with the most ibaadaat, and all good will activities

b. Remove all activities that distract you aside from your schedule and life. ( School work never suffers due to fasting, as a matter of fact, fasting aides clear up the cluter in your mind so that you can sit for any exam as calm and as blessed as possible)

2. True Repentence

3. Appreciation of value of time.

4. Practice Sunnah Fasting: Mondays and Thursdays, Full Moon, according to Hadeeth, " Rajab is Allah's month, Shacbaan is my month and Ramadan is month of my Ummah"

5. Eat Less

6. Get ready like an athlete to GO! when Ramadan arrives.

Nur