Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

dee iyagaa na booqda: qaar dibadaha la keenay, we had adeer ina samale few times in Jabuuti, the FM was hosted during his trip with Siilaanyo (isagu waa very close clanwise but no family)...

I discover new relatives all the time though :D

Faheema.   

Norf, I hear Qatar is starting to pick up now. I never thought I'll leave blighty...but coming back seems particularly daunting task lol

NG, lol I won't mention I had a lovely trip to the beach this weekend :)

Intaas bay iga tahay maanta, Garabkiina NG, JB, Norf & Abu...InshAllah Khayr

Abu-Salman;870935 wrote:
I discover new relatives all the time though
:D

It is the same for everyone.

Viva Xasiidda though ,,,, waa dad isku wada xidhan :D

hi guys,

its a beautiful afternoon here in hargeisa and i felt like i should tell you guys about my exact situation at this exact time; i'm in my house with my bro. we are talking about somaliland as usual, the tv is working fine today and we're watching some silly programme about reer miyii on somsat tv- not my choice. the internet is working very fine lol. that's all it takes for me to be happy, i guess!

i couldnt be happier and i thank Allah for all his blessings.

NGONGE;870934 wrote:
Faheema, Norf is feeling "home" sick. He talks to everyone he meets about Dubai and Dubai's beach, food places, indian workers, supermarkets, roads sand. You want him to explode with rage? Tell him you had hummous for lunch or something.

Quite frankly, we have much better (unspoilt) beaches, islands etc in Jabuuti etc and the food can not yet fully rival Dubai diversity but it's even fresher (Yemeni, Ethio or international).

I always thought one can only be homesick vis-a-vis his family or childhood place and era as I do (J., then H. town and its area).

PS JB the family was generous back then but dadku change, and "xasiid" in general barely connect (I'm envious at how the reer Galkaayo or even Burco stick together)...

Abu-Salman;870956 wrote:
PS JB the family was generous back then but dadku change, and "xasiid" in general barely connect (I'm envious at how the reer Galkaayo or even Burco stick together)...

:D :D .....

Do you know the difference between XAASID and XASIID in my above comment ?? ,,,,, Qurbajoog waaxid :D

NGONGE   

Abu-Salman;870956 wrote:
Quite frankly, we have much better (unspoilt) beaches, islands etc in Jabuuti etc and the food can not yet fully rival Dubai diversity but it's even fresher (Yemeni, Ethio or international).

I always thought one can only be homesick vis-a-vis his family or childhood place and era as I do (J., then H. town and its area).

He lived there for seven years and got used to the easy going style of the place (though he complained back then). Now he's in London (and soon to get used to his old life again) he'll start complaining about London. It's a fish thing. :D

Jb,

Alpha possibly didn't understand the girl's accent and decided to label her as gurbajoog. Ninkano waa nin waalan. Waa kii bari lagu yedhi "the quran is the most valuable thing in the world" markaaso masaajid dhacay.

JB ma aniga iga leedahay xasiid iyo xaasid kala saar oo jamhuuriya akhrisanay back in the 90s :D

ma NG iyo akhyaarta qurbo kusoo kortay i mooday?

waa inaad i xaal marisa, labatan xasiida sida tii nooga baxaysay in the rented villa next to madaxtooyada back in 97 :D

He lived there for seven years and got used to the easy going style of the place (though he complained back then). Now he's in London (and soon to get used to his old life again) he'll start complaining about London. It's a fish thing.

That's much more straightforward, not really homesickness; even so, going back to childhood place, family and longtime friends should be what matters no?

Anyway, let our qurbojoog expand on my favorite and important theme of "homesickness" and nostalgia: where is home?

The New Globalist Is Homesick