Sign in to follow this  
Pucca

Help Needed

Pucca   

A/salaamz

I know there was a hadith bout not eating from non-muslims when there are muslims around you, or something along those lines… but anyway I have this uncle who’s catholic and I visit(or try to) him and his family every three years (he lives in Africa). And I obviously stay over at his house, eating, sleepin and doin whatever else I might do at any of my other uncles house’s. so since I’m goin back this year I just wanted to know if it was alright for me to stay over at his house, is there anything in the quran or hadith that prohibits it?

thank u

ta ta

Pucca   

so basically what that thread says is that i should forget my uncle and only visit those that are muslims? thats kinda hard seein how he's my first uncle, but oh well...god comes first i guess

ta ta

As said brother to read with care, as there are also verses which allow just behaviour and kindness towards the ppl of the book. And read the link to the end.

S:60;8-9

"Allah does not forbid you with regard to those who do not fight you on account of your religion nor drive you out of your homes, to treat them with goodness and to be just to them; truly, Allah loves those who are just. Indeed, Allah forbids you (only) with regard to those who fight you on account of religion and drive you out of your homes, and assist (others) in driving you out, that you turn to them (in frendship); and whoever turns to them(in friendship), they are wrongdoers."

My advice would be ask higher scholars in islam.

Salamu alaykum

since that thread was initiated by me,few things need to clarified!

Sister since he is family, we as muslims are forbiden to cut of family ties wether they are believer of not, the thread you were reading, it was intended towards those who you do not have a family ties with/blood relations, concerning the kafir family member its upon you to keep the ties of relations with them so long as they do not order you to disobey Allah the most High/nor do they fight you. in addition you should always distance yourself from their festivities,those rituals that are in accordance with their faith!you should not approve these rituals by participating with them/we hate that which they practise....Yet we call them to islam with fair preaching and kindness!

eating from the people of the book,( i pressume he is christian) is also permissable as long as you are not aware of how they kill their animals, but if you have sure knowlege of how they kill their animals in a way that is not in accordance with islam,then one must refrain from eating their meat, but if you do not have sure knowledge,then its permissable for you to eat their meat(that is if they are christians or jews). Just remember to say "Bismillah" ;)

this is what DR Saleh Saleh student of Uthaymin(rahimullah) adviced me!

salafi

coreect me if im wrong, but i was told that we could eat the meat of the jews (koshar meat) because they slaughter it the same as us....but we can only eat their meat if we cant find halaal.

but, i was told that we could never eat christian meat, they dont slaughter like us, plus we cant eat with their cutlery and plates, because they had previously/probably eaten pork on it (but the jews dont eat pork so its ok)

i dont know....im confusing my self...imma have to give my mother a call 2morrow..

and as far as u saying, "if u are not aware of how they killed the animal u can eat the meat", i was told that whatever u are unsure about...u refrain from it...so if u are not sure, or have the slightest doubt (shakii) that the meat might not be slaughtered right...then dont eat it.

as for the original topic, of visiting the family, i agree with salfi's answer, never cut family ties, even if they be christian, visit them, show them kindness and a good example of Islam, teach them and save them from the fire.

Hamdan Katheeran tayiiban mubaaraka fee Ka ma Yuhhibu Rabuuna wa Yarda

silent sister

Allah the Exalted said:

in surah (5:5)

"Made lawful to you this day are At­Tayyibât [all kinds of Halâl lawful foods, which Allâh has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, etc., milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc.). The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals, etc.) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them"

thus its apparent that the meat of the Ahlul Kitab is Halaal

The Ahlul Kitaab(Jews&Christians) are both forbidden to eat Pork, however most christians go to church on Sundays, and live like pagans the rest of the week! well i personally know few christians who dont eat pork!

So the christians and jews are known to kill their animals by the throat, so the animals dies due to blood loss, however in modern time, animals are killed in many ways!

We are allowed to eat their meat, and we always give the benefit of the doubt, but if you have doubt its best that you refrain from it, however there is no harm for the one who has no doubt The shaykh who was asked this question, who goes by the name of Hasan Xalabi, said we can all speculated on how they kill the animals, but guessing is not a subsitute for the truth and speculation opens the door to doubts"

however if you have the opportunity to find out how the animal was laid to rest, then by all means go ahead, but to eating from the people of the book is allowed for Allah made it permissible! But there are plenty of Islam restaurents/shops and meat parlors... so inshallah take the safer side... i for one use to never eat from the people of the book but all the scholars agree that its permissable if you do not know for sure how they kill their animals, furthermore if you do eat their meat and it happends that it was killed in the wrong way, then you will not be held accountable since it's beyond your means!

and Allah knows best!

STOIC   

Assalam aleikum Salafi.Thank you for clarifying for us this question of Hallal meat.i do have a question about serving people pork, i mean working in a main-line.see i work at my school dining hall and majority of the food has pork in it.I have requested from my supervisor not to put me in any pork serving section since this is against our religion to touch it(according to my understanding).is it okay to serve pork even though you don't eat it.I have an egyptian freind of mine who said that it is okay to serve it long as you don't eat it, is this not like serving liquor?.please need your clarification on this, help the brother so that i don't appeal to the popular attitude.

Salamu alaykum brother

I will relay to you what the scholars have said a propos to serving pork or other substance whihc are Haram.

Firstly:

Our Lord has forbidden eating pork in definitive terms. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): I find not in that which has been revealed to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maytah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork); for that surely, is impure or impious (unlawful) meat (of an animal) which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allaah (or has been slaughtered for idols, or on which Allaah’s Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering)â€

[al-An’aam 6:145]

also,

Jabir bin 'Abdullah, may Allah be pleased with them, reported:

I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying in the Year of Conquest while he was in Makkah: Verily, Allah and His Messenger have forbidden the sale of wine, carcass, swine and idols. It was said: Allah's Messenger, you see that the fat of the carcass is used for coating the boats and varnishing the hides and people use it for lighting purposes, whereupon he said: No, it is forbidden. Then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: May Allah the Exalted and Majestic destroy the Jews; when Allah forbade the use of the fat of carcass for them, they melted it, and then sold it and made use of its price.

Hadith number in Sahih Muslim [Arabic only]: 2960

When Allah prohibits a thing he likewise prohibits the business side of it, one must not aid the people in sinning, even if they are disbelievers. Furthermore, pork meat generates countless of lethal viruses, Muslim should not assist others to harm their bodies by severing them that which is extremely unsafe, we should always pride ourselves in commanding the good and forbidding evil

MEDICAL ASPECT OF THE PROHIBITION Abstention from eating pork is a measure to safeguard health. Of all the domestic animals, pig is the most avaricious, eating anything including human excreta. It is the cradle of harmful germs and parasites. Its meat is carrier of diseases to man, thus making it unfit for human consumption.