Sign in to follow this  
Curly

would you be offended or...

Curly   

...just Laugh?!

I was being nosy in my office at work when I saw this MSN group my colleague at work is a member of. Because he’s like a 40 year old man I was wondering what the group titled “hindu and sikh girls†was all about…well wouldn’t you ;):D ?

Anyways I didn't find what I was looking for redface.gif but I did come across a lot of references to HUT which I later found out was actually the Islamic group Hizb-ut-Tahrir. Obviously I was surprised that Sikhs & Hindus were familiar with this sect so I went on reading and I discovered the most hilarious post titled "THE TRUTH ABOUT CONVERSIONS 10 SECRETS THE MUSLIMS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW !"

http://groups.msn.com/SikhandHindugirls/sikhandhindugirls.msnw

I was wondering what you thought about this and would all this offend you?

And why do you think these people are under this impression about Islam?

:confused:

lol u didnt find what u were looking for, what were u looking for ;) ( what is a halo btw?)

No i had a quick scan at the link, and am not too offended, rather heartend lol. At the end of the day there concerns is an acknowledgement of the futility of trying to hold back the reversion of muslims from hindu sihk christian atheist backgrounds.

I wont comment on the Group mentioned because i think it would be wrong. They do dawah work and i dont so am in no position to be critical.

You see if someone is anti-islam, u could approach them in the best of manners and they would still, through there arrogance, be anti-islam. Am not saying the refusal to revert, but the continued irrational statements.

Interesting no sue, what ur colleagues get up to lol

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@the link.

They are getting paranoid! :D

This one made me laugh:

A Muslim converting somebody, will never tell the person the whole story. For example when converting men they always leave out the part about having to be circumcised to become Muslim. After all what man would want half of his genitals cut off.

LOL@Never tell the whole story....when do the state of one's gentials come into the conversations?...lol

They are too funny.

Curly   

Originally posted by Totti:

lol u didnt find what u were looking for, what were u looking for
;)
( what is a halo btw?)

Interesting no sue, what ur colleagues get up to lol

Oi the halo is still there!, I know it’s slightly tatty but its still there! :D

Oh and FF I know that one definitely had me laughing, they are delusional if they if people really deceive others this way.

mojam   

:D;):D Totti

"Conversions of Sikh and Hindu men and women is becoming an increasing problem , hundreds of reported and verified conversions in the last few years. Dozens of cases were reported in October 1995 alone, when the new academic year started also converted. Universities in London, Bradford and Luton are particular problem areas."

i wouldn't call that a problem.

No, i'm not offended since this whole page was contradictory. how can dozens of people be converted by force or talked into converted even though they do not want it.

AYOUB   

The same thing happened at HUTs Rally for Islam conference in Trafalgar Square, August 1995. This time 2 Hindu women were converted on stage in front of 2000 cheering Muslims.

I was there! I remember a handful of gays making a protest - from safe distant - against the rally and after someone told the speaker what the homos were upto he turned to them holding the microphone and quiped with strong arabic accent: "God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!" :D

Xoogsade   

SUE.

Most non-muslims who live in a country where islam is a big issue and muslims have an impact on the social and political landscape are this way. Very fearful and frightened of islam. I think you can turn this into an opportunity for your colleague to learn about islam from you. If you can address his fears and debunk the myths, may be it is better. Just be careful of how you approach him with it in case you decide to talk to him about this. You don't want him find out you spied on him smile.gif

It is nothing to feel bad about. I once left an islamic link forgetting to clear the history as I do before leaving work. My co-worker found out about it and started to read it everyday. He informed me how good the website was and how he became interested in reading some more subjects about islam. I was shocked and happy at the same time. I eventually bought the Quran for him as I couldn't answer every question he had. I thought letting him find out everything about islam from the source was nicer.

You can leave a nice, academical, islamic website on the computer, and by chance, your friend might find something interesting in it. Or you try to find other ways to address your concerns with him if you must.

Good Luck.