Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

Where can I study in the UK

I'm a student in the Middle-East and want to study next year inshallah in the UK, where can I study? I want a Uni with Muslims Inshallah, in a city with Muslims [London, Leicester, Birminghamm etc.]

Any advice!??!?!

If price is not a matter for you then i would recommend london. You will find there some of the best universities in uk and large community of muslims. However, if cost is a matter then consider leicester studying either leicester university or Laughboroug university, but never de Montford.

Good luck

ANTARA   

Originally posted by al-Hashimi:

I'm a student in the Middle-East and want to study next year inshallah in the UK, where can I study? I want a Uni with Muslims Inshallah, in a city with Muslims [London, Leicester, Birminghamm etc.]

Any advice!??!?!

Brother, first many congratulations on your high aspirations. U.K has some of the leading universities in the world so choose carefully. I would advice you to base your decision on the ranking nad the reputation of the university you want to attend and not only on the presence of a Muslim society. That being said, you will find very vibrant islamic societies in almost all universities.

Your field of interest should also dictate which university u should go to, certain universities excel in certain subjects.

Some of the most well rounded universities include :

Oxbridge (Cambridge and oxford)

Imperial

LSE

UCL

KINGS

BRISTOL UNI

BATH UNI

MANCHESTER

BIRMINGHAM

SOAS

QUEEN MARRY

and the list goes on..

check the Times and the Guardian’s good university guides. Smaller cities such Bristol and Birmingham have the added advantage of the presence of a diverse Somali community as well as cheaper living cost, u can even rent from some Somalis.

Rent is not too high in all of London either; u can find some cheap student accommodation with London University (check the ULU website), £294 or £320 per month for a small or a large room respectively. In the rare case that you have the dosh to spend then you can check out the nice apartments in Gower Street they cost an arm and a leg.

Unfortunately, travel expenses are bit inflated even though u get a student oyster card to travel with. At the moment I am paying around £19.50 a week for the underground just for three zones, on the other hand the bus is around £9.50 a week but you will need to have the patience of Ayuub as you will be spending most of your time on the double-decker.

But being in London means u can make good friends especially with people from the middle-east. There is a strong presence of hardworking Iranian and Arab students, they will certainly motivate you and vise versa. There is also some Somali presence in these universities; u might even meet the Xaajiyo ;) of your dreams, intaasina kaftan ha iga ahaato and good luck Inshalaah.

Laba-X   

War sxb! first of all when you come to the UK isdhiib then after you get your Indefinite Leave to Remain you can apply for Jaamacad.

Before that don't think about it - unless you're ready to pay Pounds 8 - 10K a year on fees alone!

TopGirl   

BROTHER GO TO BIRMINGHAM, LEICESTER, NOTHINGHAM, OR EVEN KINGS. THESE AE SOMEONE THE BEST UNIVERSITITES IN THE UK WITH LOTS OF MUSLIMS, SO YOUL'LL FIT RIGHT IN.