Sign in to follow this  
Tahliil

Why the Italians had Materazzi in the WC??

Tahliil   

I can't understand why the Italians featured in the world cup a guy like Materazzi who had nemorous occossions of voilant bahviours in and out of the pitch....In one incident Materazzi who was not in the pitch, awaits a player in the tunnel and punchs him in the mouth giving him a huge cut and swollen lip...there are many other times where he insults and taunts other players...trash talk...And knowing his bad conducts and unprofissional tactics, the Italianz picked him for the World Cup...that really says a lot about them...AZZURI

MILAN, Feb 2 (Reuters) - Inter Milan defender Marco Materazzi faces a fine from his club and a possible suspension from soccer authorities after hitting Siena defender Bruno Cirillo at the end of a Serie A match at the San Siro stadium. Materazzi, who is out injured, did not feature in the Inter team who beat Siena 4-0 on Sunday but clashed with Cirillo in the tunnel of the stadium after the final whistle. Cirillo later appeared on Italian television with a thick lip and a cut face. 'This is what Materazzi did to me,' said Cirillo. 'I want to say it to everyone so that the people know who that person is.' He said Materazzi had been taunting him from the sideline throughout the game and then hit him in the tunnel. Italy international Materazzi apologised saying there had been a 'scuffle' but added that it was former Inter defender Cirillo who had confronted him after the game.

CAREER PROFILE

Materazzi has never been considered a great defender. He had a very late breakthrough. he got recognized because of his bad performances. He played in the EPL, with Everton. Was not having a good season despite that he at least played 27 matches. So Materazzi became an Everton reject and he moved back to Italy and his third spell with Perugia.

He is very good at provoking other players by insulting them, taunting them, calling them names and sometimes resorting to physical.

“Bellamy was sent-off with five minutes gone after clashing with defender Marco Materazzi and became the fastest dismissal in Champions League history.â€

“in '02 against Korea totti got red carded, Materazzi got red cardedâ€

“Italy was reduced to 10 men in the 51st minute when Marco Materazzi was sent off for bringing down Marco Bresciano just outside the area†Australia Vs. Italy 06

“I have seen the video. It is such a disgraceful for players like Materazzi ever allowed to play in games, given the nature of his very childish behaviour.†Vs. Milan in 04

And let’s not forget that famous headbutt he got from Shevchanko…While he said something nasty to him…ShEVcho got angry and headbutted him to eternity. Luckily thou the referee did not catch any of it…and Inter lost a goal by Sheva.

Remember the bleedin noise of the American...

http://www.gazzetta.it/Foto%20Hermes/2004/02-Febbraio/02/cirillo--232x157.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/italy/squad/newsid_1859000/1859516.stm

hahaha...McBride got OWNED

I got this from wikipedia...and a read the same report on www.soccernet.com

>>Headbutting incident

He was sent off for violent conduct after headbutting Italy's goalscorer, Marco Materazzi, in the chest in the 110th minute. The game ended in a 1-1 draw and Italy won the championship after a penalty kick shootout.

Both Zidane and Materazzi refused to comment on the incident. Zidane's agent Alain Migliaccio said, "[Zidane] told me Materazzi said something very serious to him but he wouldn't tell me what." Reportedly, the deaf forensic lip-reader Jessica Rees was employed to analyze the video sequences with the help of an Italian translator. According to these reports, Materazzi spoke in Italian - a language understood by Zidane due to his time spent with Juventus F.C. - and first told him: "Hold on, wait, that one's not for a nigger like you." As the players walked forward, Materazzi allegedly said: "We all know you are the son of a terrorist whore." Then, just before the headbutt, he was seen saying: "So just **** off." According to Brazilian TV Rede Globo, a lip-reader claimed that Materazzi twice called Zidane's sister a prostitute.[16] Earlier claims about Materazzi having called his opponent a "dirty terrorist" have been denied by Materazzi, who reportedly said: "It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist. I'm ignorant. I don't even know what the word means."

On July 10, 2006, Zidane was awarded the Golden Ball for the best player in the 2006 World Cup. The winner was selected by a poll of journalists covering the tournament. Zidane narrowly won the award with 2,012 votes, closely followed by second place finisher Fabio Cannavaro, who polled 1,977 votes. Although the polling continued until midnight, most votes were cast during half-time, prior to the headbutting incident<<

Zidane should have kept his cool nonetheless...it being the final game and all.

but to be honest, if I were Zidane postion, I probably would have socked him in the kisser and spat on him before walking off the pitch

Cara.   

Zidane's reaction is certainly understandable, but I can't help but wonder why he let himself get provoked right then. Zidane should've held his temper and won the World Cup, and THEN beat the daylights out of Materazzi. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

underdog   

I have nothing but respect for Zidane. After proving himself In The French League, The Italian League and the world stage as being one of the best thats ever played the game, he did something no other player, coach or FIFA official did, he (maybe by chnace) stayed true to the "KICK OUT RACISM" theme of the 2006 world cup. With the entire world watching he put a BIG spot light on an issue that has plagued the sport for decades. The great Zidane added one more accolade to long list of awards - First credible player to address the seriously issue of Racism on the pitch"

p.s....I gotta buy a Zidane shirt before the prices sky-rocket.

Khayr   

Originally posted by underdog:

I have nothing but respect for Zidane. After proving himself In The French League, The Italian League and the world stage as being one of the best thats ever played the game, he did something no other player, coach or FIFA official did, he (maybe by chnace) stayed true to the "KICK OUT RACISM" theme of the 2006 world cup. With the entire world watching he put a BIG spot light on an issue that has plagued the sport for decades. The great Zidane added one more accolade to long list of awards - First credible player to address the seriously issue of Racism on the pitch"

p.s....I gotta buy a Zidane shirt before the prices sky-rocket.

I am selling them on ebay...name your price saxib and I'll give you an SOL discount :D

Zidane has definitely earned the respect of the masses and by him not apologizing for the incident and saying that it was fate and God's destiny that had made him end his career this way.

Who knows, Wallahu yaclam, but this incident could guide him towards GOD. Am sure since sunday, that Zidane has had a few personal dialogues with GOD and done some prayers.

Rea   

i was planing to sign up for taekwondo but after seeing that incident on worldcup.. i wanna know where i can learn Zidane's move???....THE HEAD bounce!!!

god bless him 4 standing up 4 his mom and his sister.

thats what u call a MAN!!!!