Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

Help

What can you study if you want to get into Social Science field in University. Social Science is a General first year thing but what choices do u make by second or third year. Also what kind of jobs can you get after graduating.....Other than teaching.????

LANDER   

Sweet Gal, Social Sciences is very broad field. It encompasses streams such as Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Phylosophy, anthropology, Economics etc... Your options are wide open. After your first year you will likely be asked to choose a major. Many of these fields can lead to great careers, for example poli sci can lead to law school which can lead to public service i.e. government or otherwise, economics can land you a well paying job for a major bank as a financial analyst or economic advisor, clinical psych can send you well on your way psychologist or psychiatrist...THE WORLD AWAITS! Maybe your a little nervous from entering your first year of University, it is really a great time for learning and discovering your interest. If I can give you a peace of advice that I wished someone had given me is try not to worry so much about where or what a certain subject leads to more than what really captivates your mind that you can see yourself doing for long periods of time. Either way, whatever you end up studying all majors carry potential for a great career, so you can't really go wrong once you figure out what it is that you want. Good luck.