Sign in to follow this  
nuune

more than 300 SOMALI language BOOKS and references

nuune   

this is very interesting wallaaahi, somali books that were printed as early as 1890s 1900s 1920s 1950s till 1980s.

I couldn't believe when I have seen the link that displays these countless books and references, most of them may be dictionaries like english-somali-english, or they may be rusian-somali-rusian dictionaries or Italians, they could be somali grammer books, somali literature and so on.......

here is a quick selection I took from the link, or here is the link Bibliography of the Somali Language

Russian-Somali Dictionary. Frankfurt Am Main 1970.

Somali-English Dictionary. University of London Press. London 1966.

Grammatik der Somali-Sprache. Berlin 1892. = the grammer of the Somali language.

1987. Somali Reference Grammar. Wheaton: Dunwoody

Press.

Vocabulary and Sentences in Somali. L'Esploratore. Napoli 1878.

On the Somali Language. Transactions of the Bombay Geographical, Society. Vol. IX, Bombay 1849

Die Somali Sprache (the somali language) Vienna 1902. 540 pp

Basic Vocabulary in Standard Somali. Tokyo 1976. 139 pp.

Afkayaga Hoyo. Mogadiscio 1960, Edizione Arte e Cultura

Somali Language and Literature. African, Linguistic Bibliographies vol. 2. Helmut Buske Verlag. Hamburg. 1986

here is the LINK: Bibliography of the Somali Language

Diamante   

Thanx for the link nuune.

I may be off track here but do u happen to know a website where i can find somali songs, there's a particular one im after which is bada cas by abdisalaan moalim

I'm trying to improve my knowledge of somali songs, so can you help a sista out?

nuune   

Diamante, your welcome sis, here are few links for somali songs, some of them we discussed in other threads, visit them, they are:

link one

link two

for that particular song u r looking for which is Badda cas, the complete album of Badda cas clik here BADDA CAS ALBUM