Sign in to follow this  
Medley of extemporanea

LexisNexis...

There are a lot of great online databases and journals. Many Colleges and Universities have access to “Academic” versions of these online databases for their student. That means a lot of us here have access to these since a lot of us are students.

So I wanted to know if any of you use them? And if so, for what? (besides research for term papers smile.gif )

Paragon   

Haniif indeed I use these services and they are extremely useful. I use LexisNexis. But I use it through the access gateway of www.athens.ac.uk which my univerisity is subscribed to. With the access code of the Athens, a host of other services are provided including LexisNexis which deals with all news from various newpapers of the world. Another service that I access through Athens is www.jstor.org . Jstor is an independent organisation that have digitalized all academic articles of many field of studies.

There are many other services which I didn't pay much attention to. Usually, I use these services not for academic purposes but for research unrelated to my field of study. I tend to frequent sites of social sciencies and nature. Pleasure reading and curious browsing make me want to look into services that have differing views. Little bit of philosophy, astrology, to species of birds and plants. My preferences and research is generally wierd so I shan't say more of what I use for these services.

Yes,,, I can help you on this,,

Usually i use African Digital Library as a reference library for all the subjects. It is an online library only for Africans but very useful and will help you a lot.

Once you subscribe then you have to wait one week before you are successfully accepted and by that time your USER NAME and PASSWORD to the library will be sent to you by email.

The library is totally free and the address is:

www.africandl.org.za

Try to visit and see if it will help you.

Regards