Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Egypt launches campaign against the niqab

how has egypt strayed so far from the deen? the niqab is for modesty. it was a gift to protect the Prophet's women from prying eyes and it serves the same purpose today. it only makes people uncomfortable because seeing the modesty of the niqab reminds them that they are imitators living the lives of kuffar.

I don't think wearing the niqab (or the hijab) should be discouraged, but I also don't think it should be mandatory by law. It's not the law's business what the woman does with her modesty.

She wants to be modest, cool. She doesn't want to be modest, cool. She's gonna sort it out with God when the time comes, and it's nobody else's business.

Blessed   

Originally posted by Al Zeylaci:

"Wearing the niqab is not an obligatory duty based on Islamic Sharia (Law). I think Muslims make a big mistake by concentrating on appearances and superficial things, thereby giving a bad idea about Islam," Minister of Waqfs Hamdi Zaqzouq was recently quoted as saying in the local press.

Superficial? How Ironic! :rolleyes:

Muriidi   

one way is to wear hijab only during prayer at first.

inevitably any girl will find herself wanting to wear khimar and fast extra days!

it is the miracle of islam.

exactly! because once you begin to follow Islam more closely, you find that you WANT to follow it even more closely.

nobody forces you. nobody can force you to accept yourself and nobody can force you to find peace with yourself. how are peace and self-acceptance superficial?!