Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

a question for the experts

Muhammad   

greetings

can some of you guys tell me if it is possible to get a clear picture out of a video tape?

lets say I have a nature video and I want capture a scene from the video and turn it into a picture. can that be done - if yes where can I go to do that?

peace

Faheema.   

Salaam Calaykum

First of all what format is the Video, VHS, DV,

S-VHS or 8mm?

Secondly, can you gain access to an eddting lab? because if the video has not been capured in Dv (digital vidoe) mode you'll need equipment that has Analogue to digital capabilities.

Lets assume that your video is in Dv format, now all you need is Adobe Premier and a firewire cable to import your video into premier. Once the video is on the time-line and you at the frame you want (scene) then go to File - export frame Save it (make sure you know where you're saving to) and Bingo you've got yourself a still image (the picture might be a bit fuzzy but that can be sorted in any photo editing software).

if you get stuck let me know.

I hope that helps

p.s. Alternatively you could get the experts to do it for a ridiculous amount of money ;)

Peace

Rokko   

Brother now that we identify the video is in VHS, you need PCI TV Tuners, Video Capture and PC to TV Video Cards, to transfer the video to your PC. Then you could edit the video as the sister told you and play with it from there on.

As for the PCI video capture cards, there are so many of them..WinTV, Voodoo or perhaps realNetwork. You can search and depending how bad you want, you might end up spending some change.

Let me know how it all goes and hope this did give you heads up.

Baashi   

Conquest,

The best solution is to get a WinTV product. You can get it from BestBuy stores or fron Circuit City. The later is cheaper. The price is $56 to $140. The $140 product comes with remote control, and VHS port. It has a video editing feature and u can watch TV programs, burn it as well.

Faheema.   

Mobb_Deep Good advice brother.

Conquest either way you're gonna have to invest and as Mobb_deep said it depends on how bad you want this, if it's a one off thing then it might not be worth going through all this hassle, or maybe not ;) . Anyhow, good luck.