Sign in to follow this  
Sky

wich city has to become the interim capital till muqdisho is pacified?

Coloow   

I can't decide but my mind revolves around the following CITIES.

1) Af Barwaaqo

2) Dacar buluq

3) Buryo qab

4) Dacar qurun

Xoogsade   

Caaqil, Ereyga "Dacar" afsoomaliga "Qaraar" muu ka dhigan yahay ama la mid yahay? . Intee waaye meelahaanna? Mudug intee kaga yaalliin mise waa gobollada dhexe?

Xoogsade

It is not a word, it is a name of a plant that grows in semi-arid places. Its juice or dheecaan is of bitter taste, and that is why it is synonymous with bitterness. It is widely found in and around Hargeysa. I don't know about Dacar- Buluq but Dacar-budhuq is a small famous town which is located north east of Hargeisa.

Salaan...

Btw bro, why do you worry about The Capital being moved to another town? I have a different opinion and feeling about this.

The capital, Muqdisho, isn't a sacred and inviolable permanent place, written under the Quraanka Kariimka. No, it isn't. I have unease about this issue in the future, why, because once it is moved, something beyond our control will happen in this shaky tribal Soomaali politics.

Hokey, today, say, it is moved to Baydhabo. All is good at the present. But what happens when another "government" down the road is formed and it explicitly declares another so-called hometown (tribal deegaan) as its capital, because they will refer it the unprecedented move earlier that happened. Opening the Pandora's Box comes to mind? Yes. We do not need to open the doors that won't and don't help the "dib-u-heshiinta," for we need to remember this is government that needs to conciliate to the masses, not arousing a badly unneeded mistrust. So far, the signs of misgivings are leading to that.

This is the same case and result I was and still am against federalism. There isn't clear and clarified strategy; most jumped on the bangwagon without pondering the uncertainty that is ahead. For one thing, federalism in Soomaali politics wasn't born in this century (circa 2000 and later). It was an idea that was intertained, proposed and rejected in 1950s.

A noble man was assassinated a half century ago because he espoused this unconventional idea. His name was Ustaad Cismaan. A whole party's platform--and it was the only de facto opposition party in a SYL-dominated parliament--was based federalism and an abrupt necessity on countrywide census, led by vehemently C/qaadir Soobe. His party was HDM. Few now know these men and their then radical ideology. Soobe, Eebe ha u naxariistee, went to grave firmly believing, and intact, his federalist politics.

Xoogsade   

Miskiin, That is a good reason to worry runtii. Sadly, Somalis treat government as family ownership, hence, their attitude of whatever it takes that gives us the chance to rule. That is why I sometimes think in la gumeysto iney ku fiican yihiin oo xorriyadda laga qaado in kastoo damiirka oggoleyn.

Suldaanka.

Thanks man, I thought Dacar iney Qaraar tahay laakiin I totally forgot the relation it had with the tree. Thanks saxib. I tried to understand the meaning of the towns like Dacar Buluq and it didn't make sense to me. Oh well, people who named the place that name knew what it meant anyway. No offence.

Coloow   

Xoogsade, bro, as suldaanka said Dacar buluq is on the highway between Hargeisa and Berbera. It is the first "city" you see before you come to Alcazar prison (Mandheera). Af barwaaqo is the city of sheep and it is located south east of Galkacyo. The city of buryoqab is also located in Galkacyo. Dacar qurun is near DHAAN dhejiye between filito and boqol maanyo.

Dacar is a kind of tree- the ripe fruits of this tree are used to cure some diseases - and it is bitter-hence the term dacar (bitter).

Xoogsade government in the somali sense is defined as"more landcruisers, more raaxo for particular tribes, more gaajo for others, more xabsi for some tribes, more qax etc". Unless, we somalis leave the notion of government=barwaaqo we are doomed to fail.

One aspect that is hardly discussed by somalis is how we are going to finance á "government". Somalis are not good at paying taxes, somalia is (at the moment at least" a poor nation that lacks endowements and competitive factors. Somalis are aware of their rights but not their obligations on running a nation.

I have said many times , I don't think a government is a prude move. We should instead create small self-evolving-self running enclaves or return to basics (nomadism, agriculturalism). The concept of "government" is too tempting as an instrument of opression and injustices.

^^ You know the places very well

I don't know if it was located in Banadir or Jubbooyinka, but there is this small village called Hargeysa-Yarey. Meesha ma qaldaamiinta ayaa ku badnayd maxaa magaca loogu bixyey. :D