Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Singing and Music

An article from

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/1716/music.html

Listening to music and singing is a sin and cause for the sickening and weakening of the heart. The majority of the scholars of the Salaf are unanimous that listening to music and singing and using musical instruments is Haram (prohibited).

Evidence that Music and Singing are Haram

1. Allaah said, what translated means, "And of mankind he who purchases idle talks to mislead (people) from the Path of Allaah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allaah) by way of mockery, For such there will be a humiliating torment." [31:6].

Al-Wahidi , along with other scholars of Tafsir (explaining the Qur'aan), said that "Idle Talk" in this Ayah is singing. The following companions gave this Tafsir: Ibn Abbas, Ibn Masud, Mujahid and Ikrimah . Ibn Masud said, "By Allaah, whom there is no God except Him, idle talk is singing."

2. The Prophet said (which means), "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allaah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." [Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 69, Number 494v].

This Hadeeth states that musical instruments are Haram, and there is no disagreement among the scholars on this. In his book, Ighathat Al-Lahfan, Ibn Al-Qayyim said, "When the Prophet said, 'render as lawful,' he meant that it was unlawful, then the people made it lawful."

3. Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said, what translated means, group of this nation will be transformed into monkeys and swine." They said, "Do not they testify that there is no god except Allaah and that Muhammed is His Messenger?" He said, "Yes. And also they fast pray and perform Hajj." They said, "Then, what is their problem?" He said, "They use musical instruments, drums and female singers. (One day) they will go to sleep after a night of drinking and having fun, In the morning, they will be transformed (by Allaah) into monkeys and swine." [iughathat Al-Lahfan].

4. Allaah said, criticizing the Kuffar's worship around the Kaa'bah, what translated means, "Their prayer at the House (Kaa'bah) was nothing but Muka'an and Tasdiyah." [8:35]. Ibn Abbas, Ibn Umar, Atiyyah, Muj ahid, Ad-Dhahh'ak, AlHasan and Qatadah said that Muka'an means whistling, and that Tasdiyah means clapping of hands.

Taqwa   

An old post from brother Mujahid that I once enjoyed. Great reminder. Look at this quote. how many of us say that music wa caadi after every scholar agree's it's Haram.

The Prophet said (which means), "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allaah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." [Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 69, Number 494v].

P.S. For those of us who listen to music, I know brothers and sisters that it feels breathtaking to hear the sound of it or the lyrics. I myself was ignorant at one point and memorized every Qaraami song from Tubeec to Ina mooge knowing it was wrong. But I ask you this; would you give up something you love for your parents if their life depended on it? Will you then do this for Allah (SWT) who loves you even further?

Bismillah

May Allah assist us! i think i once memorized all the songs from 2pac( All eyez on me),

Alhamdulillah, Allah tabaraka wa ta’ala rescued me from the grasp of Shaytain!

A Beautiful Statement of Ibn 'Abbaas Concerning Music

Taken from Ahaadeeth-u Dhamm-il-Ghinaai wa-l-Mua'azaf fii-il-Mizaan

Translated by tazkiyah.org

A Muslim man said to Ibn 'Abbaas (Radhiallahu 'Anhu), "What do you say concerning Music? Is it permissible or is it forbidden?"

He responded, "I do not say it is forbidden except what is found in the Book of Allaah."

The man said, "So you say it is permissible then?"

Ibn 'Abbaas stated, "I did not say that." Then he (Ibn 'Abbaas) said to him, "Do you see that truth and falsehood will come on the Day of Judgement, so where will music be on that day?"

So the muslim man said, "It (music) will be with falsehood on that day."

Upon this Ibn 'Abbaas closed with, "Go then for I have given the ruling for you."

PS. Where is my dear and beloved Brother Muhajid, i truly miss that Brother! May Allah be with him!Ameen

Saalixa   

And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allaah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." [Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 69, Number 494v].

Brothers could you pls clarify this bit for me. I am confused is The Prophet alihi salam saying that ppl who listen to music are those near the mountain or are they a different group??what was their case concerning? because i have no idea their story.

and this bit

Allaah said, criticizing the Kuffar's worship around the Kaa'bah, what translated means, "Their prayer at the House (Kaa'bah) was nothing but Muka'an and Tasdiyah." [8:35]. Ibn Abbas, Ibn Umar, Atiyyah, Muj ahid, Ad-Dhahh'ak, AlHasan and Qatadah said that Muka'an means whistling, and that Tasdiyah means clapping of hands.

i am totally lost

silence i like your interpretations of the subject. this is what i think...today walaahi music is sold everywhere any time. You are in the store buying the groceries and thier is music. you are listening to the BBC and thier is the part where they put somali music

so you wonder where can i be saved from this torment and not to mention the new polyphonic phones that have ring tones just like any song..i have one and it drives me mad.

No one could be forced to stop listening to music until the day Allah shows them the light and takes them out of the darkness of shaytain and jahilayah. That is what i have found out for my self. I would listen to music even when i was making my self go to sleep...until dawn...it was just normal.

when i look back ya raab i wish i could turn back time and redo those faults.

May Allah show us the freedom light beauty and happiness Islam brings to our souls when it reaches us. Ameen

Nur   

An e-Nuri Point of view about Music and Dancing

First Release To Somaliaonline.

Dancing Fever!

Ever wondered why certain people move with the rythem of music unconsciously?

Have you ever seen men and women dancing on a Discotheque platform surrounded with loud music and light effects?

Once the Music and the motion begins, their blood boils with lust and passion for each other, and the evening is not over until a lot of drinks are consumed and an orgy of sexual activities is either planned that evening or executed on site like animals.

Guess, what is causing this phenomena?

Allah SWT says in the Quraan:

" Alam tara annaa arsalnal shayaatiina, calal kaafiriina ta' uzzuhum azzaa"

" Haven't you noticed that we have sent the devils to the unbelievers who shake them ( away from righteousness) with vigorous trembling "

Now , for a moment, imagine of the scene of a disco in a " Modern" country. Freeze that picture in your imagination and close your eyes.

In few seconds, we are going to fly you to a remote village somewhere in on the globe.

Now open your eyes; What do you see?

No, you are wrong, this is not the museum of natural history, the evolution and it is after math, primitive enclaves of tribal habitats and an encient religious ritual.

Try again.

No, No, you are not in California's Universal Studio's movie set depicting a village in the land of Waaq Waaq.

You give up?

OK, This is a remote Somali village, in the Somali Baadiye, but I bet you are wondering, who is that man beating the drum?

And who is this woman who is dancing to the drum beats?

And who are these folks encircling the dancing woman with candle lights with the special scents ( Cadar iyo Cuud)?

This cerimony, depending on the part of the disintegrated Somali peninsula you happen to come from, is called ( SAAR, BOORANE, LUUMBI, MINGIS, WADAADDO) etc.

The man beating the drums and singing is an exorcist.

The woman dancing to the tune is possesed by the devils (remember the above verse).

And the folks around her are fellow possesed victims who came to pay for the sessions of axcorcism after her session is over.

Now, this SAAR man is making a lotta of dough (Money$$$) every night by purging devils in and out of these women, for which they pay him hefty sums of money and sheep and, at times, they sacrifice their bodies for the pleasure of the excorcist behind the curtain when the SAAR man has to do "special Excorsism" that requires taking off her clothes in order to administer "special soul massage" to purge the devil out of private places in her body.

This is how Night Clubs evolved to their present day glitter, lighting and music set up. This is a Satan's Temple, where his worshippers are shaken vigoriously ( Ta Uzzuhum Azza) to the rythem of the music, their money taken away, their dignity compromised , reduced to animal status.

Allah SWT says:

" Alam ac-had ileykum yaa banii adama allaa tacbudu sheitaan"?

"O Children of Adam, have I not taken a covenant from you not to worship Satan"?

Satan's Victims, pay to get possessed, pay to stay mentally deranged, and then pay to regain their consciousness, just to earn money to pay for their next session of the worship of Satan, and the viscious circle continues, until they die, to find out what they have always doubted.

Just like in SAAR, nightclub owners, singeres and musicians make a lot of money performing their arts to a possessed crowd who are ecstatic with the mixture of sounds, sights and surroundings. ( Satan's Tools)

Just like in SAAR, the woman in the center stage is surrounded by a hands clapping croud while she dances her way possessed by the devil with euphoria, displaying and shaking her body parts in a sexually inviting manner which are up for grabs by other possessed worshippers.

Just like in SAAR, the victim, at the end of the ritual, is the possession of one of the devil monks who lure these young girls and boys to become their slaves, by intoxicating them and controlling them with sexual messages and music.

This is the way of of Satan.

And there is a better way.

It is the way of surrender to your maker, NOT the suurrender to SATAN adn your passions.

Allah has honored you, and made you superior to Satan.

Why wosrhip your enemy who is envious of your special status in the Kingdom of Allah SWT.?

Why not free your self, and begin to think about your purpose on eath. It is no fun working hard and nit getting paid, worse yet, earning your own punishment at the end because you spent all your life without a purpose, and you died without knowing why you were on earth, it is like taking a train unmindful of were it takes you, and suddenly finding yourself in a horror town, now all fun is over, and the price of your carelessness is is looming in the horizon.

Many ailment are caused by Satan, in the Quraan Allah SWT narrates the story of Prophet Ayuub ( JOB) saying:

" Innii massaniya sheitaanu bi nusbin wa cadaab"

" I have been stricken by Satan with pain and suffering"

For which he sought ONLY Allah's help for acure,, not the devils cure.

No matter how much fun you have had, or good times you've enjoyed, a time will come for sure when you can not savor the memories of good old days anymore, the pleasure is gone, and depemding on how much illegal pleasure you've had, an equivalent balancing regimen of pain is awaiting for you. Your Dancing Fever on earth, has earned you an everlasting fever that will never go away.

Allah SWT says :

" A fa ra' ayta in mattacnaahum siniin, thumma jaa' ahum maa kaanuu yuucaduun, maa aghnaa can hum maa kaanuu yumattacuun"

" Let us say, we have pleased them with a joyful ( life) for many years, and then, the ( horror) of what they were warned about is finally administered to them, ( Now) how does their past pleasures offset ( the pain and suffereing of the punishment they found themselves in)?

Use your head, while you are ......ahead!

Nur

2003 Nurtel Communications

Paradise is Possible Summer Campaign

S.O.S   

a/c,

Sh.Nur, your theory is very true and very interesting at the same time. Researchers in Holland once described the ecstatic energy of regular clubbers when they dance like wild monkeys on the discotheque floor, as being in a trance station and out of touch with reality due to the hypnotic effects of the music. Needless to say though, they opined that it was a good thing for relaxation, happiness, blablabla.., etc. (but we know better).

My question for brother Nur is, looking back at the western socio-cultural history of the past 50 years, can I conclude from your theory that:

The cultural degradation and social disintegration of western societies in general, and the well-known slogan of "sex drugs and rock'n roll" has more or less to do with music; and to be more precise, the increase of the rhythmic speed and the evolution of trancelike cataleptic music, through which satanic influence of society has spread like fire?

w/c.

Nur   

S.O.S. Walaal

You write:

My question for brother Nur is, looking back at the western socio-cultural history of the past 50 years, can I conclude from your theory that:

The cultural degradation and social disintegration of western societies in general, and the well-known slogan of "sex drugs and rock'n roll" has more or less to do with music; and to be more precise, the increase of the rhythmic speed and the evolution of trancelike cataleptic music, through which satanic influence of society has spread like fire?

Walaal, Music is but an instrument, for an end goal. Since man's fall from heaven, a standing challenge between mankind and his archrival Satan had been that mankind is not worthy of the superior status that Allah elevated mankind above all creatures.

Satans challnege has been to show to Allah SWT that he will come from all directions ( Wealth, Desires, Music) to distract mankind from the sole purpose of creation, the worship of Allah alone. To that end, satan devised many instruments, one of which is Music. Music is to the soul like Alcohol is to the body, it renders the soul unable to fulfil its obligation toward its maker, thus proving Satan right, that Mankind indeed is not worthy of Allah's closeness.

Today, the Music industry is fueled by an insatiable search for wealth by artists who employ troops of marketing and medida expers who guide them of the choice of Music content that will make the platinum and mega Dollars, in that quest, morality is the first victim as they target the youth' volnurability to sex and leisure, record after record, the youth becomes programmed to live for the sustenance of an industry that keeps them away from having time to think about the purpose of life. Money, Sex and Music, theree instruments Satan is cleverly using to distance man from his maker.

Just to see how heartless Music lovers are, of the billions raised for the perverted musicians, how much money do they raise for the disadvantaged fellow himans on planet earth? the cost of a Music CD download, can give hope to a poor family somewhere on earth, that is the pleasure a soul should feel, a smiling face after receiving help, not a smiling face after taking your money for cheap entertainment.

Nur

Castro   

Originally posted by Nur:

Today, the Music industry is fueled by an insatiable search for wealth by artists who employ troops of marketing and medida expers who guide them of the choice of Music content that will make the platinum and mega Dollars, in that quest,
morality is the first victim as they target the youth' volnurability to sex and leisure, record after record, the youth becomes programmed to live for the sustenance of an industry that keeps them away from having time to think about the purpose of life. Money, Sex and Music, theree instruments Satan is cleverly using to distance man from his maker

Sheikh Nuurow, this description basically excludes the likes of Xassan Aadan Samatar from the evils of music for he neither goes platinum nor makes mega dollars. Is the problem in the message or the medium when it comes to music?

Nur   

Castro bro.

You write:

Sheikh Nuurow, this description basically excludes the likes of Xassan Aadan Samatar from the evils of music for he neither goes platinum nor makes mega dollars. Is the problem in the message or the medium when it comes to music?

The Medium is the message in Music, it numbs the senses, once numb, the medium is ready to accept more compromising messages and content in the form of lyrics, songs, that at first sound harmless, but gradually occupy valuable time slots that were meant for higher purposes of worship of Allah, thinking about Him and His meeting.

True, That small time Somali musicians who are involved in the industry do not make the mega bucks, however their Music plays to the tune of Satan as much, Allah describes Satans gradual influence of humans as the " KHUTUWAAT AL SHEITAAN" the stealthy steps of Satan, from innocent tunes, to Madonnas Madness.

I have learned a great deal of the Music industry's direction from a convert Musician, Ahmed (fiction name), , and his girlfriend and a college student admirer( Later married), told me a lot about the ugly inside of the industry, its not for for print, but it can be summed up as a Temple of SATAN.

Nur

Originally posted by Nur:

[QB] An e-Nuri Point of view about Music and Dancing

This is how Night Clubs evolved to their present day glitter, lighting and music set up. This is a Satan's Temple, where his worshippers are shaken vigoriously ( Ta Uzzuhum Azza) to the rythem of the music, their money taken away, their dignity compromised , reduced to animal status.

I think you are absolutely spot on here. These types of music work like computer viruses attacking the hardrive of the person which is the heart. Once the person is infected then he becomes a slave to the devils. Suddenly he is walking like them(boppin), The sister is dressing just like the message was saying in her favourite song. By the end without realising the type of music the person listened to has shapped their character without realising.Take the example of Tupac Shakur whom is considered one of the greatest artists to have ever lived. To many young people whether they have realised it or not he has become like a prophet to them. They emulate his dress code, his slang, his way of dealing with women and the type of drugs he smoked. Some even await his return years after his death his records sell millions. I too was one these people. I memorised most of his songs knew more about his life then i did about the Quran. The funny thing is that you don't need to be an expert to fight this virus or work out the goal of these artists. For Allah swt has warned in great detail about taking shaytan has a freind. Furthermore Tupac shakur rhymed in his own lyrics that he was hellbound, he told us he sold his soul to the devil. Him and many artists alike are the messengers of shaytan. Ever Wondered why Tupac said he wasn't gonna die? Well i think what he meant was in the mental sense not the phsyical. His words are still misleading people even though he is dead. So therefore his body is dead but his words are still alive. Which means he is still portraying the message of shaytan. At one time in his life he was given dawa which he refused, but one his freinds took the shahada and so did 17 of his entourage.In the song entitled "I aint mad at ya" he says about his freind"Oh you a Muslim now, no more dope game

Heard you might be comin home, just got bail

Wanna go to the Mosque, don't wanna chase tail

I seems I lost my little homie he's a changed man

Hit the pen and now no sinnin is the game plan" Music has existed for thousands of years. Only the beat slightly changed with the aid of technology. The faces have changed but the aim is still the same. It is to distract man from worshipping his true creator. To make young girls lose their virginty, to make us abandon zakat so that we are wasteful with our money. This is why Islam is today considered the enemy of freedom. Because all of the above things cannot happen if people truly embrace the quran and sunnah. Men cannot undercut the poor and charge high interests for products which cost pennies to make. Remember how Pharoah and His socerers controlled the people?Remember how the pagan quraish used to get wealthy from the house of ALLAH swt? dancing around naked worshipping false gods. Almost every prophet was faced with a similar situation. Their wisdom triumphed over the temptation and false promises of Shaytan. Inshallah today our brothers and sisters will leave the false promises and return to the True words and promises of the creator ALLAH SWT.

Music and its Roots in Voodoo

http://www.ezinearticles.com/?Music-and-its-Roots-in-Voodoo&id=175944

In West Africa, the “professional†music-makers had been known as the Griol. They related the ancestral tales and served as the keepers of the tribes’ myths and history. Their function was much like that of the Medicine Men of the Native Americans. And like the Shamans of our own continent, their art was associated with magic and healing.

With the evolution of the Delta Blues, a sound inspired mainly by suffering and despair, the musicians found a lyrical formula to mirror the voodoo implications that had always lived within the music itself. Consider Robert Johnson, who recorded such songs as “Me and the Devil Blues†and “Hellhound on my Trail.†Johnson, who will always remain an enigma amongst music scholars, was himself influenced by older songs such as Skip James’s “Devil Got My Womanâ€. (Remember that one from Ghost World?)

S.O.S   

The Medium is the message in Music, it numbs the senses, once numb, the medium is ready to accept more compromising messages and content in the form of lyrics, songs

Brother Nur, is that why false religions always use music to hide their contradictive messages, by making their otherwise "unbelievable" doctrines more "believable" to the not suspecting victims, once their minds are compromised by these cataleptic sounds?

Simple_Nomad, I’m happy for you that Allah opened your eyes and guided you to His beautiful Light. Thanks for sharing your story and welcome on SOL.

w/c

Honesita   

Salaamu Aleeykum

Subhanna Allah....a convert friend once told me that I'll never understand how it feels to convert to Islam since i was born a Muslim. I was thinking, the posts from Salafi Da'wah and Simple Nomad resemble that feeling. When you are lost, hedoistic, and you completely abandon the Thikr (remeberance) of Allah from your life and one day, out of the mercy of Allah you find your self a new born Muslim, praying, reading the Quran, taking Islamic classes and little by little you literally feel this light in your heart and your face radiates and shines. Your always happy and smiling, morning and night you are thanking Allah for everything, you just cant remember how your life was before this sudden guidance. Believe me, at that moment, i can understand how my convert friend felt.

Music was something i never thought i can stop. My brother used to tell me "don't you feel this emptiness in your heart, don't you get bored?" Arrogantly, i used to say no, and i used to convince my self that music makes me happy. In reality, every song changed my mood. One made me happy, one made me sad and one made me cry for no apparent reason. Only now when i don't cry for no reason did i realize what music used to do to me. The other day i was in my friend's car and she was listening to the latest Somali Music, all of the sudden i was sad, missing the old nasty days, and i could literally, walaahi literally, hear shaytan telling me, "don't you miss partying?" Subhanna Allah, when will we realize.

Anywayz, I'm glad i saw this post, i always knew music was haram. It always seemed like the abvious, until i learned there are so called scholars today that say music is halaal but the idle talk of the singing is haram. I was surprised to see so called Islamic Anasheed in the forms of video clips walaahi with non hijabi women. I was thinking, those are the truly misguided ones. Because even those many listen to music, they know deep down it is haram and that they should stop listening to it someday. But the other ones are claiming musical instruments are okey if you are calling to Allah.

Another thing i wanted to share with you guys (i talk too much eh) i visited my brother in jail the other day, and he was telling me about the music of Jannah. How the malaika sing for the people of Jannah. Then Dawood Alahyi Salaam sings with the most beautiful voice Allah gave to any creation. Then Allah comes and reads Surat Arrahmaan. My brother almost started to cry. He couldnt even finish talking but started laughing and saying Allah will do that for his Ibaad.

May Allah increase our Iman.

Fii Amaani'Laah