Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

Weddings and night-clubs

Bambina   

Asalamu Calaykum bros and sistas,I dont know if dis topic was already discussed but here it is.I noticed dat many ppl specially the older generation will say to u "dont go to nightclubs it's haram" but dont they know dat most of the weddings(not the halal ones)r exactly like clubs, full of music and women/men r not separated?I dont even know if ppl r conscious of dat.I know it's hard to not go to weddings cuz u dont feel like goin to clubs but in fact it's exactly da same,only alcool is not served.Im still debatin on dat,it's a real issue.I've been to sum weddings before but it was a long time ago but now Im tryin to change but I dont know wat I'll do if I get invited to one.I like to know ur opinions about dis issue.

MD   

I would say "stay away from anything u can.....clubs or mixed weddings"

Jamilah   

Asalamu Calykum,

I rarely ever go to mixed weddings but it never really occured to there is not much difference between a mixed wedding and a night club.

Salam

Mujahida   

I believe that too Jamilah & Bambina. I mean yeah, I wouldn't go to those weddings. Mingling like that is absolutely Haram in islam. Than one comes up to me in one of those threads in s.o.l and tells me " i have a culture its's called somali culture" I say the heck with it! Bambina i never accepted any invitations from a mixed somali marriage. It's absurd! some somali's tend to be part-time muslims subhanaAllah, wearing the latest fancy night dress in those weddings and weaqring your hijab on day time. Same with the man, going to the masjid and attending those weddings lol!

Nice to see that there some sistas who don't go to those weddingz. Respect to you!

Fi-amanaAllah!