Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Speaker of Parliament says Martial Law illegal; Urges Somalis To Evict Occupiers

Castro   

Mogadishu 13, Jan.07 ( Sh.M.Network) -Sharif Hassan Sheik Aden, the Somali transitional parliament speaker, has pointed the martial law approved by the parliament as illegal.

The speaker, who, along with 21 Somali MPs expelled from Kenya, currently stays in neighboring Djibouti, reiterated that the Ethiopian government should withdraw its troops from Somalia immediately.

The Somali parliament supported today that a state of emergency should be imposed on the country for three months to enable the government take a full control after 16 years of lawlessness. The parliament has been debating about the motion since Thursday.

Aden said the state of emergency law approved by the parliament violates the country’s constitutional law.

He has pointed out that he would be flying to Europe. “The use of foreign forces in Somalia will give rise to bad consequences”, he said, calling on the Somali people to try evicting the Ethiopian troops out of the country.

Somalia has had no central government since 1991 when warlords toppled former president Siad Barre and then turned on each other, plunging the country into anarchy and tribal wars.

Shabelle News

Castro   

^ Yeah, I do too but something is fishy about this. If he rejects this occupation, calls the Martial Law declaration illegal, he's essentially rejecting the puppet regime. Why then is he still the "Speaker of the Parliament?"

Good point, if he was that opposed why hasn't he resigned...and what is he planning to do next?

His stance means he's quite unwelcome in Villa Somaliya..

Taliban   

Originally posted by Castro:

If he rejects this occupation, calls the Martial Law declaration illegal, he's essentially rejecting the puppet regime. Why then is he still the "Speaker of the Parliament?"

On top of rejecting the occupation and calling the Martial Law declaration illegal, he along with 21 Somali MPs were expelled from Kenya. He's still the "Speaker of the Parliament", nominally, nothing more. Perhaps the TFG doesn't want to sack his status as the speaker and nominate a new speaker, otherwise it will do more damage to its already tattered legitimacy and image.

Castro   

Taliban is probably right. Sacking the speaker of parliament could open a can of worms. Keeping him is not exactly helpful either.

I think he should quit and spill the beans on this puppet regime. Have an interview with media outlets telling all that he knows about Yeey and his cabal. He would certainly get an audience for such declarations.

He should stay. He is the only one in the TFG regime who we could agree with and is against Ethiopian occupation. He shouldn’t quit, that will insure us that the TFG to some extend is not inclusive puppet regime. I would prefer if he tried compelling some of the parliament members to start condemning the Ethiopian occupation and speak out against the illegal invasion. TFG will be divided between the puppet warlord thugs and the genuine nationalistic individuals. And they can’t discredit their parliament members, like they did to the ICU. Sweet I tell you :D

Sky   

Sharif has been taken care of. It would have been more preferable for him to resign himself, but nothing worthwile can be expected from this weasel. His eviction could cause some initial setbacks and difficulties, but I believe we're all better off without him.

Castro   

^ The Sharif will be back in one form or the other. In fact, the other Sharif will be back as well. It's actually in Yeey's best interest that they do. But you don't see that now. It's ok. We can't all be visionaries.

Sky   

I'm eager to see Sheikh Sharif participating and joining the TFg in the pacification of Somalia. The other is out of grace.

Castro   

How do you figure? What's the difference between the two? The one who took arms against Yeey is in and his own Speaker of parliament has fallen "out of grace"?

A speaker of parliament is supposed to be bi-partisan a and what any speaker in the world should be a speaker. Not the opposition to a gov't. He thinks he is the Prime Minister or something? It's good he is gone and hopefully he never shows his demented views again.

Castro   

^ How can you say the "speaker of parliament is supposed to be bi-partisan"? Is Nanci Pelosi bi-partisan? Last time I checked she was solidly in the democratic party. Though I think Pelosi is a stain on the party. :(

I guess you don't understand what the speaker of parliament does or should be.