Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Berbera vs Djibouti

265209601_e8c0461c60.jpg

Two newspapers in Addis Abeba carrying full page Ads on Berbera Port and Djibouti Port. I wonder how much Berbera Port Authority paid for this?

N.O.R.F   

I wonder if they are charging the required rates for Ethiopia using the port? They should get me on there, i would squeeze them dry!

^^ :D

Go for it sxb. But just make sure inaan dadku kaa ordin. ;)

JacaylBaro

Djibouti didn't pay the Ad as it says on the page... it is the deep pockets of DP World that paid for it.

looks Berbera paid much more then Djibouti did ,,, look at da two pages ,,, Berbera is colored and decorated while Djibouti remains the old Black and White ,,,,,,,,,,, :D

N.O.R.F   

^^Be careful you may be accused of being a fan of the Arabs even though their money is beneficial to the region and the people.

^^ :D

Djibouti has been courting the Arabs for quite sometime now. It looks like as though its paying off. They even want to become the sole livestock export hub for the entire region. mhhh.

Anyways this is an article related to this topic...

Increase In Ships Docking At Port Of Berbera

Berbera, Somaliland, November 4, 2006 (SL Times) – Lately, there has been a substantial increase in the number of ships docking at Somaliland’s port of Berbera.

As reported by Somaliland Times correspondent in Berbera, Ahmad Adan Dheere, most of the ships were carrying commercial goods (food products as well as durable goods). The mechanize belonged to both Somali and Ethiopian businessmen. The fact that Ethiopian businessmen are now importing commercial items through the port of Berbera is a new milestone, because in the past Ethiopian businessmen imported only automobiles through the port of Berbera.

Source: Somaliland Times