Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somalia: For Puntland, the future cannot be held hostage

Meiji: What world are you living in? The terrain you inhabit is that of the lost and the mindless. For if the union was a success and Mogadishu was wonderful as I have stated before it would not be one of the worst cities on earth

Mogadishu today is not run by its inhabitants it is run by marauding bandits with various names some led by foreigners with names like Amriki and so on. Its people are broken and bloody. Is it in their interest to follow your illogical line or to think of ways of restoring the republic and a federal formula would not in anyway hinder their own interest.

Thus let’s think before we blame others, Somaliland for all their faults and Puntland did not create modern Mogadishu. Thus why should they and their populations behold hostage to it.

Mogadishu and its multiple faces have failed, its time for everyone to take care of themselves and stop being dependent on a no existent central government.

Originally posted by Meiji:

Che,

They are in no special situation to demand answers to their concerns and issues.

Well, this is where you are wrong!!!

^^^Oodweyne, you did over do it as usual as for the last desperate response, your just upset and have been since your group failed in basic diplomacy 101. :D

Kashafa   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

quote:Originally posted by Meiji:

Che,

They are in no special situation to demand answers to their concerns and issues.

Well, this is where you are wrong!!!
Could you elaborate on where he is wrong ? Because I agree with him. SL and PL are a) in no position to dictate anything b) no different than Kismaayo-land, Baidoba-land, Mogadisho-land, and any other 'land' in Somalia. c) will recieve no special consideration.

The days when clans(masquerading as maamul goboleeds) 'determined' and 'demanded' anything is over. They will either get on their knees and submit. Like Hiiraale did. Like Xaabasde did. Like Indocadde did. Like the Nine Warlords of Mogadisho did.

Or they will be force-fed the dirt of humiliation and enjoy the taste of red death.

Thankful   

Could you elaborate on where he is wrong ? Because I agree with him. SL and PL are a) in no position to dictate anything b) no different than Kismaayo-land, Baidoba-land, Mogadisho-land, and any other 'land' in Somalia. c) will recieve no special consideration.

The days when clans(masquerading as maamul goboleeds) 'determined' and 'demanded' anything is over. They will either get on their knees and submit. Like Hiiraale did. Like Xaabasde did. Like Indocadde did. Like the Nine Warlords of Mogadisho did.

Or they will be force-fed the dirt of humiliation and enjoy the taste of red death.

The red death can't even get back the life lines of Mogadishu, the Air and Sea Port and Villa Somalia from 2000 or so AU troops? Yet you think you will take over the whole country. Even the leaders there won't dare make the same mistake and try to go too far north last time, they won't spread their forces like they did before. They were destroyed in days and lost their capital just a few years ago, yet some supports are talking tough again. They know better and won't go near North or North West Somalia.

Kashafa   

Somalipride,

In all honesty, I think we both know that, unless the Ethiopian intervene to save their Puntish protectorate, conquering PL and dismantling and disbanding Faroole, Rat-teeth & Company, will take only a few weeks, if not days.

Take a look at the sheer breadth and depth of the area where the Sons of Somalia control and govern, in spite of the scheming and plotting of the Antarnashanal Kamoonity, having handily defeated thousands of heavily-armed clan milita, TFG milita, and Sharifite ICU milita.

And you think the fleet-footed 'daraawiish' of Puntland stand a chance against the battle-hardened veterans of Istadiyum Muqdisho and the jungles of Ras Kambooni ? Come on. Let's leave room for the truth, even if it's bitter.

Now if you're depending on Ethiopian knights to come riding to the rescue and save the Puntish damsel in distress, then I agree with you(somewhat). It will be a long drawn-out campaign, taking years even, but one that will end, inshallah, in Islamist victory.

The Ethiopians are your trump card. Use it well. You only get one shot.

Thankful   

Fair enough, I agree with you. However, I just returned from Puntland and I didn't speak to a single woman there that wanted Al Shabaab to come over. I think the female population is by far the group that is most against your movement. They are enjoying the peace they have and don't take it for granted. If anyone comes like you claim and causes years of fighting, it will definitely turn the people against them. I remember during the Puntland elections many people didn't want Hassan Abshir because he was perceived to be too religious, they'll never accept a bunch of guys running around with their faces hidden and carrying guns, in Puntland we don't cover our faces. The whole population wants religion, but not someone’s interpretation of it.

And you think the fleet-footed 'daraawiish' of Puntland stand a chance against the battle-hardened veterans of Istadiyum Muqdisho and the jungles of Ras Kambooni ? Come on. Let's leave room for the truth, even if it's bitter.

I do actually, because those group you support use force and no Brain. Instead of sitting at the table with Somalis from every corner of the country and winning the hearts of the people, they are seen merely as another tribal movement. They only know violence, and the think that their perceived reputations as bullies will intimidate people, like a school yard bully.

But like I said, the leadership of the movement won't make the same mistake as last time, they'll stay in the south. If they come with their guns and cause war, they will turn the people against them and suffer the same fate they did in 95 with Aweys and Co.