Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Have you seen the Brochure sent from Medina?

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum:

If you live in the TwinCities, you probably few monthes ago received this chain letter sent from Saudi Arabia by this man calling himself "shaykh Ahmad".When I received that, it was translated into Somali,and to sum it up the letter was entitled : “this is a Testament from Medina, the Radiant, by al-Shaykh Ahmed, the servant of the Noble Sanctuary of the Prophet” (peace be on him).

In this brochure he says, “I was awake on a Friday night, reciting the Holy Quran after having finished reciting the Beautiful Names of Allah.When I had finished that and prepared myself to go to bed I saw the Messenger ofunable to meet my Lord or the angels, since between one Friday and the other one hundred and sixty thousand people have died on a faith other than Islam.”Then he mentioned some sins which people had committed and said: “This is a testament out of mercy to people from Almighty Allah.”

The he mentioned a few portents of the day of Judgement and said: “So inform them, O Shaykh Ahmad, about this testament that it has been copied by the Pen of Destiny from the Preserved Tablet and whosoever copies it and sends it from one town to the other and from one place to the other, a palace would be built for him in the Paradise; and whoever does not copy it and send it, he shall remain deprived of my

intercession on the day of Judgement. if the person who copies it was theretofore poor, Allah will make him rich; if he was a debtor, Allah will have him relieved of his debts; and if he was overlain with sins, Allah will forgive his own sins as well as those of his parents because of the blessing of this testament. And whoever from among human beings does not copy it, Allah will blacken his face in this world and in the

next.”

The above is a summary of the testament which had been falsely attributed to the Messenger of Allah (upon him be the peace and blessing of Allah).

All these people were making copies of this letter to pass to give it to someone.I just couldn't believe that :eek:

Xafsa   

yeah I got chain letter like that. Why in the name of GOd people would actually send that to people I don't know.

Haashim   

Originally posted by flying-still:

yeah I got chain letter like that. Why in the name of GOd people would actually send that to people I don't know.

because they're fearing to loose their money or kids and they hoping to gain some benefits through sending this letter, but they're wrong because no one can befit or harm you but ALLAH.

anyone who recieve such a letter should destroy it and even if something bad/good happens to him/her it is not from destroying that letter or spreading it but it is what ALLAH written for him/her before he/she come this world.

Say; "Nothing shall ever happen to us except what ALLAH has ordained for us. He is our Maula (Lord, Helper and Protector)." And in ALLAH let the believers put their trust. (9:51)

bro/sis

nothing new in this letter that hasn't been in the previous similar letters. i remember in 1982/3 when i received similar letter (that was back home in somalia) and how i was worried about what could happen to me and my family. then i copied several of them by hand and told my dad to do the same but dad disagreed and told me nothing could happen to us if we belief in Allah. he tore up the letters and told me to use my brain then my emotion and fear. i guess that is why dad was called sheikh.

wasalam