Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Candidacy letters of some individuals running for the interim presidency of somalia.

Liqaye   

Mr. Ali Hassan Abdi Amalo Mr. Ali Hassan Abdi Amalo

Contact Number : 0722913064

E-mail : Alternativeleadership@yahoo.com

To : All Somali People

Cc: All IGAD Technical Committee Members

Cc: United States of America

Cc: United Nations

Cc: All IPF Member Countries

Cc: All Somali Participants in the Conference

Cc: All Members of the Media and Press

Date: June 06, 2003

In The Name Of Allah The Merciful and Beneficient

In The Name of God I swear that I will discharge faithfully all my duties as the Interim President, All my strength will be focused in the interest of the people, country and that I will abide by the Charter, and Laws of the land of the Somali Republic.

My name is ALI HASSAN ABDI AMALO, and I am running for the Interim Presidency of Somalia Republic to restore the hope of dying country. I stand before you today to ask for your support. You might be asking why someone who had spent the past 20+ years in the United States and had the opportunities to pursue a comfortable life would want to run for the position of Presidency in Somalia? Brothers and Sisters the answer is very simple, there has been a more than 14 reconciliation conference without any tangible results, and In fact the number of innocent civilians killed has been on the rise after each reconciliation conference. I have seen too many of my people suffering, too many were killed and too many have lost hope that one day they will live in a decent life. Apart from the moral obligation I owe to my people to help them live in a decent and peaceful life, Apart from the moral obligation as a citizen of this motherland to run for an office.

The major reason I am running for the office of President is I can not be a spectator to the destruction of my people and my motherland. If you have witnessed what happened in Somali the last 13 years, civil strive, terrorism, failed un humanitarian missions and unrecognized governments, then you will agree with me that Somalia needs a fresh start. As a Chairman/Political Leader of Alternative Leadership Association, with my team we have set forth plan that will lead Somalia out of the current hopeless situation. We hope to achieve the creation of a Federal, Broad-Based, Provisional, Transitional or Interim Government. A government under my administration will not follow an Ambiguous course of Agenda, which is based on Corruption, Nepotism and Tribalism. Also my administration will modernize and up-grade the existing system of government, the challenges of Demobilization and child soldiers, difficulties faced by tens of thousands internally displaced persons (IDP). Judicial System, Law Enforcement and Prison conditions in Somalia by emphasizing the rule of Law and Due process, it will incorporate respect for Human life, Human Rights (No Lasting Peace without Human Rights). The Rights of Women, Children, the Freedom of Press, Minorities and other vulnerable groups, Also unconditional respect for private and public properties by educating the Somali youth and society at large. Peace will be achieved by consensus and mutual respect ideas of Democracy and Freedom. We will also promote Social Rights, Free Market Reform and Liberalization of the Economy. Promote poverty reduction and to reform the Health Care, Health Education and Community participation that will increase accessibility to adequate diagnosis regardless of Financial, Social or Gender status and such reduce the high mortality rate due to TB and Malaria in Somalia as well as reducing of drug resistant disease due to incorrect treatment. Re-conciliation and disarmament of all armed civil group in the country to settle all disputes by dialogue instead of the gun. This vicious cycle, escalation of violence and deterioration in security must stop.

To achieve the above mentioned process will need great amount of resources, hard work and input. Brothers and Sisters I will share with you in the coming future my agenda called Rebuilding Our Nation. I will ask you to read it thoroughly. It will cover all aspects of Government Administrative Policy. Please note my Government will not seek handouts from other Countries. However, we will seek the assistance of International Financial Institution such as World Bank, IMF, Islamic Bank and the United Nations, as they have moral obligation to offer us assistance (we will not ask them loan), once we establish our Financial Institutions and stand on our feet then we will present our Fiscal plan accordingly.

Finally, we will work against terrorists and other insurgent elements and Extremist Organizations. Promote partnership with the Country’s various regions, Establishment of Harmonious relations with neighbouring Countries. Free circulation of people and goods and functioning of the main infrastructure in the Country such as the Port and Airport in the Capital Mogadishu. I honestly believe if my plans are implemented, we will be able to have our Decency and Nationhood back. One of the greatest President William Jefferson Clinton 42nd President of United States says in his Inaugural Address, "This is our time. Let us embrace it." I believe this is Somalia’s moment; we will build a foundation of prosperity and possibility. I am committed to continue working with all Somalia. The greatest responsibility of any Government is to ensure the Security of its Citizens. On behalf of all Somali Communities in the world I would like to thank International Communities, IGAD, specially front line states, AU, EU, UN, United States and Arab League for their positive vision of a better future for every Somalian by helping them to stand on their feet again. I will conclude my letter by quoting of Imam Ali "There is No greater Wealth than Wisdom; No greater poverty than Ignorance, No greater Heritage than Culture and No greater Friend and Helpmate than Consultation." May God Bless Somalia and this Eventful Task on Our Agenda.

Yours truly,

Ali Hassan Abdi Amalo (Alideq)

Chairman and Political Leader

Alternative Leadership Association

To: Mr. Ali Hassan Abdi Amalo

The Somali Citizen Website is pleased to support and publish your candidacy letter for Somalia president.

Keep up the good work

The Somali Citizen (www.somalicitizen.com)

The following article was first published (fall 2002, page 28) Vol.9 No.3 by the SANKOFA NEWS, Windsor, ON. Canada.

ALTERNATIVE LEADERSHIP PROPOSED FOR SOMALIA

Ali Hassan Abdi Amalo, president of the Alternative Association (ALA), a Washington, D.C. based group of Somali-born intellectuals is proposing a brand new leadership style for his belaguered country. The proposed new leadership "Will modernize and upragrade Somalia's system of government through the rule of law and due process, respect for the human life, human rights and the rights of women." The ALA will also will work with all forms of exixting civil societies to form abroad based government of National Unity.

In a news release signed on August 8 this year and signed by Mr.Amalo, The Alternative Leadership Association said the deteriorating and hopeless situation in Somalia compelled number of Somalia born intellectuals in Washington, DC metropolitan Area to found the association to "radically change the current leadership of Somalia by a fair and democratic election process."

The release said the association will ensure unconditional respect for private and public properties by educating the Somali youth and society at large.

It aims to promote the ideas of democracy and freedom, a free market reform and liberalization of the economy. Promote to reform the health care and poverty reduction. The ALA will also promote sound environmental policies that will restore and re-plant the de-forested areas and protect the existing wild life. Furthermore, ALA re-concilliation and disarmament of all armed civil groups in the country, to settle all disputes by dialogue instead of the gun.

Liqaye   

Prof. Aweys M. Wasuge

svde4de6.jpg

Anigoo ka damqanaayo dhibaatooyinka maanta na haysta gaar ahaan dowlad la’aanta, ayan go’aansaday in aan isu soo sharxo madaxweynanimada si aan arintaa wax uga qabto. Aragtidayda siyaasadeed ee xagga arrimaha gudaha ku wajahan waa sida tan:

Dhisada dowlad loo dhan yahay.

Soo celinta ammaanka iyo kala danbeynta.

Sameynta guddi qarameedyada ku xusan dastuurka ku meelgaar ah.

Soo celinta kaabayasha dhaqaalaha iyo adeegga bulshada.

Dib u dejinta qaxootiga.

Dib u habeynta sharuucda wadanaka.

Dhisada xarumo lagu caawiyo dadka tabaaleysan.

Xanaanada deegaanka.

Markay sii kororto isu soo dhawanshaha waddamada, mudnaanta siyaasadda dibedda waa sii ballaarataa gaar ahaan dhamaanshihii dagaalka qaboobaa ka dib. Siyaasada dibadda waxay taabataa wax walbo oo aan sameyno laga bilaabo shaqooyinkeena ilaa waxa aan cuno. Arrimaha aan culayska saarayo xaga arimaha dibada waxa ka mid ah:

Horumarinta nabadda caalamka gaar ahaan midda geeska Afrika.

La dagaallanka danebiyada caalamiga.

La shaqeeynta ururrada caalamiga.

Horumarinta xaquuqda dadka.

Horumarinta dhaqaalaha aduunka.

Soo jiidashada maalgelin shisheeye.

U helida suuq waxyaabaha aan dhoofino.

Prof Aweys Mohamed Wasuge

Dagaalkii sokeeye ee dalkeenna ka dhacay waxay sababeen dil badan, qaxooti, burbur ku yimaado hay’adihii dowladda iyo adeegga bulshada, kaabayaashii ilaha dhaqaalaha iyo degaanka. Dagaalkaas waxa kale oo uu keenay sharaf dhac ku timaado Soomalida gaar ahaan beesha caalamka. Waxyaabaha uu keenay waxa ka mid ah: Dadka Soomaliyeed ee waddanka gudihiisa qaxootiga ku ahaa 2001 waa 300,000. kuwa wadamada deriska ku ah qaxootiga waa 250,000. kuwa qaxootiga ku ah wadamada kale waxay ka badan yihiin 1 malyan oo qof. Deynta waddankeena lagu lee yahay waa $2.6 billion. Celcelis ahaan qofka Soomaliga ah waxa uu nooladaa 47 sano taana waxa keenay colaadda iyo cudurrada. 200,000 ee qof waxa ku soo aaday in ka yar 1 dhaqtar. Dadka waaweyn ee wax aqriya waxa lagu qiyaasaa 17.1% halka dadka Kenyatiga ay ka yihiin 81.5%.

The civil war in our country has resulted numerous losses of human lives, mass migration, the destruction of political institutions, social and economic infrastructure. Furthermore, it has led Somalis to indignities especially in the eyes of the international community. To name some of the misfortunate that the civil brought are: In 2001, internally displaced people were estimated to be 300,000. Somali refugees in neighbuoring countries were believed to be 250,000. The Somali Diaspora was thought to be over 1 million. Somali’s debt was $2.6 billion. Life expectancy was calculated to be 47 years. Adult literacy was 17.1% vis-à-vis the adult literacy of Kenya was 81.5%.

Having seen the suffering that we are in especially the absence of a government, I decided to run for the forthcoming presidential election of Somali in order to address the statelessness that we become so notorious since 1991. On the domestic political front, my are of focus will encompass but not confined to:

Establishing all-inclusive government.

Reintroducing law and order

Naming the National Committees mentioned in the Transitional Charter.

Bringing back the economic and social infrastructure.

Resettling the refugees.

Modernizing of our laws.

Setting up centres for the disadvantaged people.

Protecting the environment.

As the interdependence among the countries increases, the momentousness of a sound foreign policy grows especially after the cold war. It governs everything from the jobs we do to the food we eat. On the foreign political front, my area of focus will cover but not limited to:

Promoting international security particularly East Africa.

Fighting against international crime.

Collaborating international organisations.

Fostering human rights.

Boosting global economy.

Attracting foreign investment.

Finding market for our exports.

Waa kuma Prof. Aweys Maxamed waasuge?

Prof. Waasuge waxa uu ku dhashay magalada Beled-Weyne 1949. waxa uu waxbarashadiisa ilaa dugsi sare uu ku soo kala qaatay magalooyinka B-Weyne, Janaale iyo Muqdisho. Shaqadiisa qaran, 1972, waxa uu bare ka noqday dugsiga hoose ee Hodan, Muqdisho. 1973 waxa uu ku biray shaqaalaha Wasaarada Warfaafinta iyo Hanuuninta Dadweynaha, waxanu soo diyarin jiray bogga Soomalida Maanta ee warageyka Xididgta October. 1975 waxa uu waxbarasho u tegay dalka Jarmalka Bari, waxan uu halkaas kusoo bartay maamulka masrixiyada. 1982 -1984 waxa uu soo diyarin jiray bogga Masraxa iyo Fidinta Fanka. 1984 waxa uu noqday madaxa qoraalka ee Masraxa Qaranka. Isla sanadkaas waxa uu ka mid noqday ardaydii gashay Jaamacada Umada, gaar ahaan qaybta luqadaha, taqasuskiisana waxa uu ku soo qaatay dalka Talyaaniga. Markii uu ku soo laabtay dalka, waxaa u macalin ka noqday Jaamacada Umada, Kaltuurada Talyaaniga iyo Kaltuurada Jarmalka. Dhamadkii 1990 waxa uu waxbarasho dheerad ah u aaday mar kale dalka Talyaaniga. Bahida Waasuge u qabo waxbarashada weli isma badelin waxa uu hadda arday ka yahay Birbeck University ee magalada London. Waasuge waa gudoomiyaha Soomali Volunteers Legue, waxa uu xubin firfircoon ka yahay Soomali Revival Platform oo xaruntooda ay tahay magalada London.

Ujeedooyinka Siyaasadeed:

Dhismaha dowlad loo dhan yahay.

Soo celinta amaanka iyo kala danbeynta.

Dib u heshiisiin qaran.

Soo celinta kaabayasha dhaqaale.

U diyarinta dalka doorasho xisbiyo badan.

To: Prof. Aweys M. Wasughe

The Somali Citizen Website is pleased to support and publish your candidacy letter for Somalia president.

Keep up the good work and Good luck

Liqaye   

ASHA_PICTURE2.jpg

VOTE FOR ASHA A. ABDALLA, VOTE FOR THE FUTURE

Asha A. Abdalla

Mogadishu, Somalia

252-1-500-638/252-5-596-0335

Cell Phone 0722-583-267 (Kenya)

June 9, 2003

To: All The Somali People

Re: Submission of Presidential Candidacy Application.

Enclosed is my resume. I am seeking the challenging responsibility of leading Somalia as the head of state. I have valuable experience serving the public, confidence in my leadership potential and through understanding of the needs of post armed conflict Somalia. The people of Somalia feel that war torn Somalia, under the burden of social, economic and political disintegration needs a capable, insurmountable leader. The social, economic and political woes afflicting the country needs a leader who is committed to the cause of picking up all the pieces and rebuilding Somalia.

My twelve point agenda for Somali is to:

1. Stabilize and maintain the country’s judiciary system.

2.Secure Somali unity and support of all Somalis in rebuilding the country.

3 Disarm all armed groups within Somalia

4. Ensure to provide proper child-protection and disabled.

5. Promote and maintain proper healthcare and rehabilitation facilities.

6. Demobilize and reintegrate back into Somali society every affected man, woman, boy and girl.

7. Promote regional governance for recognition of unity in our diversity.

8. Revive the Somali economy

9. Promote universal education for all Somalis.

10. Promote women’s social, economic and political empowerment.

11. Create employment opportunities and instill self reliance skills in Somali nationals

12. Promote/preserve Somali culture sports and art.

The people of Somalia believe in my ability to deliver them from each of Somalia’s malaises. I too believe I have the capacity to serve my people as called upon. I look forward to your acceptance of my application and my clearance thereof.

Sincerely yours, Asha Ahmed Abdalla.

Presidential Candidate, Federal Republic of Somalia

Mogadishu, Somalia Phone:2521500638/ 25255960335

Bio Data

Sex: Female

Date of Birth: 1958

Marital Status: Married with three children

Religion: Muslim

Nationality: Somali/American

Objective:

To govern in democratic manner all men, women, and children of Somalia and to promote peace, peaceful co coexistence, unity, security prosperity and stability across borders.

Education:

1982 -1988: LaGuardia College and City University of New York

Degrees earned: Bachelor of Science (BS)

Master of Arts

1980-1982: Midtown school of business

Earned: Diploma in accounting and Business Management

1978-1979: Cambridge School

Earned: Diploma in Bookkeeping

Took a lot of seminars and courses on tax law, certified public accountant (CPA), real estate, insurance, child care, counseling, nutrition, social work, business management and others.

Experience:

Positions held in the Somali Government:

2002-2003 minister, Demobilization, Disarmament, Reintegration and Disable Care (DDRDC), Somalia and delegate, Somali National Peace and Reconciliation Conference.

Feb. 2002-June. 2002 Minster of State DDRDC, Somalia

Nov. 2002-Oct. 2001 Dep. Minster, Labor, Sports and Social Affairs Somalia.

Aug. 2000-Aug 2000 member of parliament, Somali National Assembly

Jun. 2000-Aug. 2000 active delegate in the Arta Peace process for Somalia

June 1996- 2000 President, Somali-American Association & Relief Agencies.

1997 – 2000 Supervisor, Housing authority, Columbus, Ohio·1992-1996 President, US/Somali Relief and Rescue

1990-1992 Manager, Import-export enterprise

June 1987- 1990 Accounting Executive, Deloitte Haskin and Sells, World Trade Center One

Mar. 1984 – 1986 internship accounting clerk, Coward Shoes Company NY.Interests Charity, Humanitarian activities, sports reading, computers, counseling

Personal:

I have successfully undertaken social work with specific focus on achievements resettlement of refugees

I have employed my services in counseling and mentoring young Somali women and men.

I have successfully undertaken refugee resettlement and adjustment programs

I have advocated on protection of refugee rights and other support services

I have provided formal and informal mentoring on self-sufficiency for women refugees.

gurxan ali

gurxan2002@yahoo.com