Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

President Yusuf since october 2004 in pics..

wasiir2.jpgNaming the PM Ali Mohamed Geedi.

yusuf_adieux220.jpgArriving in Jowhar

Somali leaders receive rousing welcome at home

2005-02-25 03:35:10

NAIROBI, Feb. 24 (Xinhuanet) -- Carnival mood greeted exiled Somalia President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed and Prime Minister Mohammed Ali Ghedi on their arrival Thursday in the Jowhar town for a week-long tour to the chaotic Horn of Africa nation.

Several thousand cheering and dancing Jowhar residents lined the 15-km stretch in the airfield in Jowhar, north of Mogadishu, to welcome the president's plane, waving Somali flags and posters of the president and prime minister as well as placards, reports reaching here said Thursday.

"Welcome to your country," "The people of Jowhar welcome the transitional federal government," "Long live the president and the prime minister," read some of the banners in the chanting throng.

Jowhar.jpg21 gun salute in Jowhar

The picture with his excellency President Abduallhi Yusuf hand held high is an historic picture that shall one day hang in the walls throught out Somalia. One day it shall be a Land Mark.

That picture speaks volums it's worth more than a thousand words.Cause every Somali has a story to tell about that day and they are all different. Describing it will take for ever.

October 10, 2004 was the day I pulled a all nighter with friends and family members.

Thankful   

General, I actually witnessed him come to many of those cities with my own eyes. I can't even put in words how many jubilant people there were. I never saw anything like that in my life. I mean maybe on television for music stars or athletes. Growing up abroad you hear a lot of crap about certain people, but when you go there and see things like that, you realize how little people outside of Somalia know about the situation. I even have some pics of other celebrations on my camera.

BiLaaL   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

What has he accomplished to warrant any celebration?

Good question. I'm not sure if this qualifies as an accomplishment; but Abdullahi Yusuf is the only leader in the history of Somalia to not only make friendly relations with Addis Ababa but to also allow Ethiopian tanks to roll into and occupy Mogadishu! I agree, that's some accomplishment.

why do guys hate Ethiopia horta? Koley naceyb kali ah oo meel fadhiyo wax ma qabtee, waxaa ila quman inaa ethiopia la saaxibno oo Africa la hogaamino, why not

^^^Thus like Melez who grew up in Mogadishu, led his rebels from there is a traitor to Ethiopia?

Anyhow lets move on shall we..

President Yusuf with regional &* world leaders

201_clip_image002_0001.jpgPresident Yusuf, Kibaki, & Zanawi

20041410008.jpg [/b]President Yusuf, Salah of Yemen & Kibaki[/b]

Hunguri   

Originally posted by Jabarjaan:

why do guys hate Ethiopia horta? Koley naceyb kali ah oo meel fadhiyo wax ma qabtee, waxaa ila quman inaa ethiopia la saaxibno oo Africa la hogaamino, why not

:D Hogaamintaaba dhacday. Waar innagaa hogaan laynaku hayaa.

PS:-

Jabarjaan, Sheekkaa waxay ahayd. Nin ayaa Adhigiisii dhurwaa ugasoo dhacay. Markaasuu ka wada cunay :D . Xaaskiisii ayaa ku qaylisoo tidhi. Waar Dhurwaaga adhiga ka rid. Waar dhurwaaga adhiga ka rid. This was his answer. He said, "Xabiibi isug anigaa jac la maagane". Ahahahahaha, hadda dee tii ayaynu ku jirnaa. "Sug innagaa jac la maagane"