Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Religious man gunned down, killers escape

Castro   

7 Jan 7, 2007, 19:23

MOGADISHU, Somalia Jan 7 (Garowe Online) - A religious Somali man was forcibly taken out of his Mogadishu home Sunday by masked gunmen, according to his wife.

The incident happened in Ifka Halane area of Mogadishu, which was a former stronghold of the defeated Islamist movement. The man was later found dead with gunshot wounds.

His wife said he was not killed for clan reasons, but that he was "targeted" for his religious beliefs and his support for then-ruling Islamist forces.

Its the first time such a murder happened in Mogadishu since allied Somali and Ethiopian troops took over the capital. Residents worry the murder could begin a series of revenge killings aimed at supporters of the Islamists.

With their takeover of Mogadishu, Somali and Ethiopian forces have returned the Islamists' arch-enemies, Mogadishu's ex-warlords who are said to be rearming their militias in different parts of town.

Garowe Online News

Where are the government troops, sitting somewhere chewing on grass like the goats they are?

Only a person who doesn’t want to be identified and has a reputation other than a killer will only hide his face….I won’t be surprised if these masked men are either from the TFG or Ethiopia.

Castro   

One of the best tactics the US has given to its client states is the use of death squads to eliminate their opposition. Perfected in the war against the leftists in El Salvador, it's now being reintroduced in Iraq. I wouldn't be surprised if these types of killings would increase in number and frequency.

I always knew American death squads where behind the murders that were being committed against the Sunnis and Shias. America’s worse nightmare is to have the Shias and Sunnis unite against them, and force them out of Iraq. How long will their old tricks work, before they are run out of any more deceitful tactics? :cool:

Taliban   

Originally posted by Castro:

His wife said he was not killed for clan reasons, but that he was "targeted" for his religious beliefs and his support for then-ruling Islamist forces.

May her husband rest in peace, and may Allah protect the other religious men. Aamiin.

Fanisha   

Originally posted by Pi:

^^ Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Waar adigu ma suntii ayaxaa tahey? mise sidaa baa kaa dhab ah oo caqli kuguma jiro. ilaah baa oge siba ma tihid. :mad:

Originally posted by Pi:

^^ Good riddance to bad rubbish.

This is a very disturbing statement indeed. Why do you think, yaa Pi, the murdered sheikh was ‘bad rubbish’? Is it because he was an official in the Courts or a supporter of it? And how could you rejoice the death of an innocent man who apparently perished in the hands of Ethiopia’s henchmen?

Clarification. Please!

Castro   

^ Ayaan darro indeed. And here I was thinking Pi was a level-headed young man. What could have happened to poison him so? Did he catch the Shiekh Fiqikhayre syndrome?

^ Ayaan darro indeed. And here I was think Pi was a level-headed young man. What could have happened to poison him so? Did he catch the Shiekh Fifiqayre syndrome?

:D @shiekh fiqiyare syndrome!

Walaahi waa iga qoslisay. There has been lots of deadly syndromes spread around here as each feable-minded person opens the lips with repugnant absurdities!

^ Ayaan darro indeed. And here I was thinking Pi was a level-headed young man.

Exactly! Lets give him a chance to clarify that statement yaa Castro. I don’t think it’s open for a spin, and I hope he retracts it.