Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

SOMALILAND SEEKS AN OPEN TRADE WITH YEMEN

Waar Me wuu yara xanaaqaye iska daaya ,,,, ha ku sii kicinina e ,,, cid baa heshiis lala galay iyo waxbaa la dhisayaa waa waran ku dhacayee :D

Me, so you telling me you support the TFG ??? ,,,, Somalia is not occupied ??? ,,,

Actually if i'm the president i will never talk with those Arab fat-azzzess ,,,, what do i need from them horta ,,,, i would talk to them only when i'm fully recognized oo sankaa taagaya

me   

You would only ask Adis for direction JB.

and about me supporting the TFG :D .....so arguing for the territorial integrity of my country means I support the TFG? .......hadaan xanaaqayaa :D

loooooool ,, YES you do support them just for the sake of hating somaliland (cadowgaa cadowgiisu waa saaxiibkaa :D )

As long as aanad adigu maamulin wadanka then forget about the integrity and soon you'll accuse them of wadankaa la kala goynayaa ,,, i tell ya :D

We need no Arabs here ,,, i wonder waxay meelahan u yimyimaadaanba horta. They either be our friends or our enemies ,,, wax ka dhexeeya la leh ,,,,,,,

And for your information: We are not in the Arab League :D

Originally posted by me:

anyhow to come back to the original question, can other countries/foreign companies make deals with the secessionist enity or any other warlord and are these deals binding? are these deals in accordance with Somali law? anyone?

The question at issue would be complex to solve at this time and point, mainly due to the drained state of the juridical apparatus of the Somali Republic and its current transitional government.

Since Somaliland is based within the borders of the Somali Republic, as clearly stated in article no. 2 of the Transitional Federal Charter (which is mainly a rip-off of the 1960 constitution) and as we have witnessed how A/Y, Geedi & Co are inclined to occasionally flex the inherent legal rights of the TFG entity as the only recognized governent on Somali soil (oil deals, telecom regulation); Foreign Direct Investors that are targeting Somaliland should be aware that their contracts can be annulled without furter ado - must probably in a post-TFG administration (2009+).

ARTICLE 2

THE TERRITORY OF SOMALIA.

1. The Territorial Integrity and Sovereignty of the Somali Republic

shall be inviolable and indivisible.

The territorial sovereignty of the Somali Republic shall extend to

the land, the islands, territorial sea, the subsoil, the air space and

the continental shelf.

3. The Somali Republic shall have the following boundaries.

(a) North; Gulf of Aden.

(b)
North West; Djibouti.

©
West; Ethiopia.

(d) South south-west; Kenya.

(e) East; Indian Ocean.

NOTE: Having made a quick comparison it actually seems as the TFG charter is emphasizing more specifically on the border/land area of the Somali Republic. A clear pun to the Somaliland camp as I see it. Make the comparisons for yourself:

1960 Constitution

2004 Transitional Federal Charter

N.O.R.F   

YES you do support them just for the sake of hating somaliland

:D

Me,

All that writing and again you fail to address the issue. SL is independent from Somalia and Somalia/TFG has no influence in SL whatsoever. Now, if you have something to say about that then by all means go ahead. We are not talking about deals being in accordance with Somali Law since SL says it is not part of that law! No need to repeat issues i'm not contesting just to save face ;) Take a leaf out of GG's book and bring the juice (ie some facts to back-up your points - if any)

GG,

Foreign Direct Investors that are targeting Somaliland should be aware that their contracts can be annulled without furter ado - must probably in a post-TFG administration (2009+)

If a re-unification occurs then I would argue the govnt in place would be reluctant to back-track any deals in SL/PL unless its obviously not providing any benefit to the govnt/people. Taxes can be paid etc. A gradual 'alignment' of all foreign deals would be the way to go.

The territorial part is all well and good in the charter but what influence does the TFG have in 'todays' SL?

I can change the somaliland charter and Claim Djibouti ,,,,,,,,, but is that real ???

charterka dad baa qortay and they can claim whateva they want ,,, but they can do nothing about it ......

N.O.R.F   

^^they are avoiding the question on whether SL is 'independent' from Somalia. Ie TFG having no influence in SL. When they go home they will land in Hargaisa on transit :D

me   

North and JB yaan lays indha tirin. The TFG is a power to be reckond with and with the right leadership the TFG could wreck all secessionist/Warlords and anti-Somali plans.

I don't know in aad ula kac isu indha tiraysaan maahe waxaan idin idhi.

1. The TFG is the legal and internationally recognized government of Somalia..if you can argue with that bring forward your case..........I am looking forward to it.

2. The secessionist leadership is the de facto administration of the North West territory of Somalia, thats very different the Former British Somaliland Protectorate ;)

So with these two facts, lets discuss the matter of foreign investment in North West region or for that matter all the rebeliouse (semi-autonomous) regions. Will the deals made without government approval be respected when the government is control in those areas.

Lets take for example the Puntland Oil and Mineral exploration deal. Or the Yemeni 'trade' deal.

I am asking you are these trades bidning? and whats their position under Somali law?

Could these deals be annulled by a post-TFG government that controls these areas?

Disclaimer: these comments do not make me a TFG supporter. I disagree on the TFG on many points including their dabo-dh*lif stance, the fedaral system, the 4.5 formula and the current 'leadership'.

I would like to see a Strong Somali Government thats in control of all of the former republic.

Waxba ha is wareerin adeer ,,, the deal has been done and the projects has been officially started ,, that is under the eyes of the tfg da aad sheegayso ....

maxaaba keenay legal and illegal and all that BS ..... they could talk about it and say NO but they didn't ,,,, so what does that tell you ???

it is the same ,,, cirka iyo dhulkaan xidhnay the whole somalia and the airports we working normally here ,,,,,, what do u think ??

when the tfg is talking about somalia they really know what they mean ,,, it is only for somalia ,,,,, markaa yaan lagu khaldin adeer :D

N.O.R.F   

Me,

Again you have avoided the question of 'independence'. Is SL 'independent' - ie does the TFG have any say on the running of the govnt/institutions/foriegn deals etc?

The legality of current foreign deals in the future is another discussion.

me   

North thats the discussion at hand, this article brings the legality of deals made by rebeliouse regions forward.

Secondly no the secessionist enitity is not independant, its a rebeliouse region within the Somali republic and yes its de facto administration of the North West Region of Somalia and no it does not come under direct control of Muqdisho, but its a matter of time.

You should realize that the TFG is weak today but when the TFG gains more strenght it has the right to bring all rebelliouse regions under direct control, by all means necessary. The TFG is the internationaly recognized government of Somalia, the TFG is the only legal government of Somalia, the international community also repeatedly said that it recognizes the territorial integrity of the Somali Republic. So where do these facts place the secessionist entity? what is their position under international law? and if its only the secessionist militia thats in the way of bringing the secessionist entity under Muqdisho control, I would be worried, if I was a supporter of that entity.

So now lets go back to teh discussion at hand. Is the entity qualified to make international deals? and whats the position of these deals under Somali law?

N.O.R.F   

Me,

Just as I suspected. A deluge of irrelevance to save face. SL is not influenced by the TFG. Simple as that saxib.

Is SL qualified to make international deals? They already have so i guess they are 'qualified'.

What is Somali Law?