Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

A must read (things to say to recieve rewards and be forgiven))

The Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) said, "Reciting the Qur'an during prayer is more excellent than reciting it at other times, and reciting the Qur'an at a time other than during prayer is more excellent than extolling Allah and declaring His greatness. Extolling Allah is more excellent than sadaqah, sadaqah is more excellent than fasting, and fasting is a protection from Hell."

Narrated by Ayesha Siddiqah (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anha); Bayhaqi transmitted it in Shu'ab al-Iman. Hadith No. 2166 of Mishkat al-Masabih.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) said, Surat al-Ikhlas (Sura 112) was equal to a third of the Qur'an, and that Surat al-Mulk (Sura 67) pleaded for its owner.

Narrated by Humayd ibn Abd ar-Rahman ibn Awf (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu); Muwatta transmitted it. 15.19 of Muwatta.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Prophet said, "If one recites the last two Verses of Surat-al-Baqarah at night, it is sufficient for him (for that night)."

Narrated by Abu Mas'ud Al-Ansari (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu); Sahih Bukhari transmitted it. Vol 6:#560 of Sahih Bukhari.

The Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) said, "If anyone recites surat al-Kahf on Friday, a light will shine brightly for him till the next Friday."

Narrated by AbuSa'id (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu); Bayhaqi transmitted it. Hadith No. 2175 of Mishkat al-Masabih.

Allah's Messenger (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) said, "If anyone recites al-Imran on a Friday, the angels will invoke blessings on him till night comes."

Narrated by Makhul (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu); Darimi transmitted it. Hadith No. 2172 of Mishkat al-Masabih.

Allah's Messenger (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) said, "Recite surah Hud on Fridays."

Narrated by Ka'b (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu); Darimi transmitted it in mursal form. Hadith No. 2174 of Mishkat al-Masabih.

While I was praying in the Mosque, Allah's Apostle called me but I did not respond to him. Later I said, "O Allah's Apostle! I was praying." He said, "Didn't Allah say, 'Give your response to Allah (by obeying Him) and to His Apostle when he calls you.' " (8.24)

He then said to me, "I will teach you a Sura which is the greatest Sura in the Qur'an, before you leave the Mosque." Then he got hold of my hand, and when he intended to leave (the Mosque), I said to him, "Didn't you say to me, 'I will teach you a Sura which is the greatest Sura in the Quran?' " He said, "Al-Hamdu-Lillah Rabbi-l-Alamin (i.e. Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds) which is Al-Sab'a Al-Mathani (i.e. seven repeatedly recited Verses) and the Grand Qur'an which has been given to me."