Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

liberators or invaders?

AYOUB   

I recently asked a friend (who is stauchly pro Somaliland R :mad: epublic) , what would he have done during the late 1980's if a non Muslim 'coalition' came to liberate from the regime? to which he said he would fight to stop any 'ferenchi' from his land and sort out the dictator later. what would you have done? i would have just sat and enjoy the fight :D !

I think the qustion u posed is interesting indeed. Clear though we have moved on and there isnt said Barre's dictatorship there anymore, but have we moved on?? Nop, infact chaos insues back home, even more rampantly and seemingly indefinately.

The fact remains that somalia is @ its lowest point since its inception as a state back in the early 20 centuary, and the americans under ths current guise of 'War on Terrorism, Fighting Rogue states, Liberators etc etc' could very easliy move on to somalia if it felt that some interests could be served by such a move. Infact it might already have stated to do so as it already has several army units stationed in various countries around the horn of africa, It recently sent some special units to arrest a "al-qaida suspect in Mogadisho", and it is giving various forms of Aid to the current addis abba administartion which is decidedly Pro-War.

I think Iraq could very well prove to be a case study for a large number of countries and perhaps one day somali's will have to decide to wlcm or fight such coalition forces.

But i would say that for the time being it looks unlikey that america will divert any of its attentions from Iraq and controlling the middle east and central asia for various critial interests