Sign in to follow this  
juba

Friday Prayers

juba   

Okay. my borther has a dillema, we all know Friday prayers are obligatory on Muslim males but he can't make it here in America because he has school. Do you think that he is exempt or that he should go to Friday prayers and miss a part of school?

Thanks in advance.

S.O.S   

Dear sister in Islam,

Assalaamu calaykum.

Allah will not ask on the Day of Judgement why your brother missed school on some fridays, but why your brother didn't go to the friday khutbah and prayers. Given that fact, any intelligent person cabable of prioritising would know what to do.

Yonis   

Well, it is very important attending Friday prayer and the circumstance you have mentioned will never and ever be an excuse in the sight of Allah. However, I would like to encourage him to go to two times a month if he can. You can tell some excuses those school teachers but there will be no excuse in the Day of Judgment. So, I would also advise him to pray a lot of none-obligatory prayers (Sunnah) because it might help him in case if he doesn’t have enough obligatory prayers in hereafter. As our prophet said, in the Day of Judgment, if the person did not have enough obligatory prayer, Allah will ask if his servant has prayed none obligatory prayers, if that person prayed a lot of Sunnah, then Allah would give him credit for that and will survive him from Cadaabka.